SpringGunning

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

R1 Tune

January 5 2015 at 6:17 PM
Terry Vanpool  (Login TerryVanpool)
SpringGunning Customers

I had bought a R1k .177 from an individual here that was liquidating the inventory of a shop that had gone out of business. The lubricant had dried up to the point the trigger would not function until I removed it and flushed it with Berrymans B12 and relubed it. I later found out the gun was over 10 years old when I got it even though it was new in the box. After working with it for several months I gave up on its poor performance and sent it to you for an "Advanced Tune". You only had the gun less than a month and when I got it back it was great, shooting strong and the trigger was perfect. I have put an estimated 10,00 pellets through it but it has been setting in the safe for a long time when I got it out last week. The shot cycle was still super smooth, the trigger still perfect and it makes 15.5 ftlbs. with 8.5 gr. pellets. The accuracy is as good as any springer I have (HW77, TX200, ProSport).

I have long since lost the card you sent back with the gun so I am not sure what all was done I just want to let you know it is still going strong.

By the way it was in August of 2005 when you did the work.

Thanks for a great job and Happy New Year.

Terry
Charter member of Over The Hill Gang

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Paul Watts
(Premier Login SpringGunner)
Owner

Re: R1 Tune

January 6 2015, 3:18 PM 

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Paul

Respond to this message