Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Orders of Battle Pz.E.u.A. 100 and Pz.Abt. 206

December 6 2006 at 4:21 PM
Martin Block  (Login Wuensdorf)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 80.143.249.57

Response to Pz Abt 213

Excellent work Niels!!!

Here's some additional information you might find usefull:

Pz.Ers.u.Ausb.Abt. 100
Zetterlings data from 18.5.1944 is based on a OoB titled 'Kleinere Verbände im Bereich LXXXIV. A.K.' from the KTB of AOK 7. This OoB shows that the Stabskp. had a 'leichter Pz.Zug' with 5 tanks but in contrast to the 1. - 3. Kp. the type of tank used by this 'leichter Pz.Zug' is not given. It is just noted that the 5 tanks had 5 short barreled french 3,7 cm guns. Zetterling now assumed the tanks might have been FT-17's but I can tell you they were not!
I have found a original 'Zustandsbericht' of the Abteilung dated 20.5.1944 in the 'Bundesarchiv' which gives the actual organisation down to platoon level:

Stab

Stabskp. with
- Nachr.Zug
- Werkst.Zug
- le.Pz.Zug (5 Pz.Kpfw. Renault R 35)

1.Kp. with
- I.(Pz.) Zug (5 Pz.Kpfw. Renault R 35)
- II.(Schtz.) Zug [Schtz. = Schützen = infantry]
- III.(Schtz.) Zug

2.Kp. with
- Grp.Fhr. (2 Pz.Kpfw. III 5 cm)
- I.(Pz.) Zug (1 Pz.Kpfw. Somua, 4 Pz.Kpfw. Renault R 35)
- II.(Pz.) Zug (1 Pz.Kpfw. Renault B 2, 4 Pz.Kpfw. Hotchkiss)
- III.(Pz.) Zug (1 Pz.Kpfw. III 5 cm, 4 Pz.Kpfw. Hotchkiss)

3.Kp. with
- I.(Pz.) Zug (5 Pz.Kpfw. Renault R 35)
- II.(Schtz.) Zug
- III.(Schtz.) Zug

Weapons listing:
1 Kwk 7,5 cm (f)
3 Kwk 5 cm (d)
2 Kwk 4,7 cm (f)
8 Kwk 3,7 cm lang (f)
19 Kwk 3,7 cm kurz (f)

The 4 infantry platoons were armed with just 3 light machine guns each.

Pz.Abt. 206
OoB dated 22.2.1944 found in KTB AOK 7 shows

Stab

Stabskp. with
- Nachr.Zug
- Aufkl.Zug (apparently without any armored vehicles)
- Pz.Zug (4 Pz.Kpfw. Renault B 2, 1 Pz.Kpfw. Somua)

1.Kp. (2 Pz.Kpfw. Somua, 10 Pz.Kpfw. Hotchkiss)

2.Kp. (2 Pz.Kpfw. Somua, 9 Pz.Kpfw. Hotchkiss)

Instandsetzungsstaffel

In addition to the tanks above the Abteilung reported
1 Pz.Kpfw. Renault B 2
2 Pz.Kpfw. Hotchkiss
5 Pz.Kpfw. Somua
as being in 'längerer Instandsetzung in Paris'

Next OoB dated 1.4.1944 also found in KTB AOK 7 shows

Stab

Stabskp. (3+2 Pz.Kpfw. Renault B 2, 1 Pz.Kpfw. Renault B 2 (Flamm), 2 Pz.Kpfw. Somua, 2 Pz.Kpfw. Renault R 35)

1.Kp. (1+3 Pz.Kpfw. Somua, 10+4 Pz.Kpfw. Hotchkiss)

2.Kp. (4 Pz.Kpfw. Somua, 10+4 Pz.Kpfw. Hotchkiss)

Instandsetzungsstaffel

Figures 3+2, 1+3, 10+4 mean tanks operational + tanks in repair

Looks like the tanks from Paris plus a few more had returned in the meantime. There is a note added saying that it was planned to exchance 20 Hotchkiss from 1. and 2. Kp. against Somuas from the 21. Pz.Div.. If that ever happend I can't tell. Pz.Rgt. 22 still had Somuas in the 5., 6., and 7. Kp. by 1.6.1944.

So far none of the two Panzer units seems to have had any FT-17. Could also find none in any other army unit under A.O.K. 7. According to W. Spielberger 'Beute-Kraftfahrzeuge und -Panzer der deutschen Wehrmacht' these obsolete tanks were only used for security duties and occasionally on armored trains. The Luftwaffe is also known to have used some for guarding airfields. Could it be some FT-17 were based on the airfield east of Cherbourg???

Martin Block

This message has been edited by Wuensdorf from IP address 80.143.237.71 on Dec 7, 2006 8:47 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Superb! - Niels Henkemans on Dec 6, 2006, 7:35 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse