Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

New book on 1944 campaign in France

July 18 2009 at 9:14 AM
Steve Zaloga  (Login Steve.Zaloga)
MODERATORS ONLY - Allied WWII
from IP address 68.49.16.70

For hard-core 1944 Battle of France enthusiasts, there's a new French book on the fighting around Le Mans in August 1944 that may be of interest. I just got a copy, mainly in the hopes of finding new pics of US Army stuff in the campaign. It's OK on that subject, but I was surprised to find that there are a lot more shots of German AFVs. They are mostly photos taken by local residents in the towns in the Sarthe region and cover the usual range of German AFVs from the summer of 1944: PzKpfw IV, Jagdpanzer IV, StuGs, but there are a lot of little gems like a few new Puma shots and a few shots of odd balls like Flakpanzer 38(t, Panhard 178, and a few Becker conversions. This book is expensive, so I would only recommend it to modelers really interested in this campaign. There is also very good text info on the assortment of units that the German Army threw into the fighting in this sector. It can be ordered via the author's website:

http://liberation-sarthe.weebly.com/index.html

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: New book on 1944 campaign in France - David Ilse on Jul 19, 2009, 4:52 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse