small calibre impactOctober 10 2011 at 10:51 AM
|Menno van Os (Login panzergranate)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
Response to Small caliber shell impact on armors?
Small calibre impacts will leave marks on any armour: dents, pits, gouge marks, grooves, "scars" etc. etc.
Also it will take away zimm and paint alike on the spots hit and surrounding.
effects are, naturally, also affected by the type of rounds fired. Ball may leave only very faint traces while AP leaves very visible marks.
As for small calibre fire in effective use against armour; it probably will not take out an AFV, but might very well blind it by destroying optics and reduce it's combat effectiveness by forcing the crew to stay under armour. So you can bet on it that an inf. unit faced by an armoured attack will put in a lot of fire against the attack iff there's no other course of action can be taken(evade/retreat).
|This message has been edited by panzergranate from IP address 184.108.40.206 on Oct 10, 2011 10:55 AM|
- depends - Jim Dodson on Oct 10, 12:25 PM
- Re: depends - Nanond Nopparat on Oct 10, 12:44 PM
- sabot - Brian D on Oct 10, 6:21 PM
- But the penetrator, after discarding the sabot will have a lot less areodynamic - Harry Dente on Oct 12, 12:28 PM
- absolutely - Brian D on Oct 14, 6:58 PM
- consider this - Brian D on Oct 14, 7:09 PM