Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Ernst-August Krag ... Stug III G initial (early) or just initial ??

December 30 2011 at 6:13 PM
Vasco Vaz  (Login vascovaz)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 2.81.108.79

Dearest friends

I was perusing M C Yerger book about Ernst-August Krag and I wonder if his "Gotz von Berlichingen" Stug III is a early G model - the one with the ventilator on top roof - or an initial G model with the extended superstructure and ventilator room on the rear wall.

Another photo of this particular stug shows a riveted front armor but the image is blur; since the reinforced front armor can be found on both variants .... what will be your guess ?

I bet on an early model with the ventilator on top roof, as the "Florien Geyer" of the same Das Reich unit in which Krag served but Yerger book (by the way and excellent buy) show III G´s of both variants mixed together.

Best regards and thank you for any info

Vasco Vaz

This message has been edited by vascovaz from IP address 2.81.108.79 on Dec 30, 2011 7:37 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Ernst-August Krag ... Stug III G initial (early) or just initial ?? - Mathias Hädler on Dec 31, 2011, 12:41 AM
    1. smoke grenade launchers - Vasco Vaz on Jan 2, 2012, 5:55 PM
      1. Re: smoke grenade launchers - Mathias Haedler on Jan 2, 2012, 7:32 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse