To Grant, 9 KpJanuary 16 2012 at 8:59 AM
|Ian Michael Wood (Login imw)|
from IP address 18.104.22.168
The former commander of the Tiger, described to a friend of mine a situation which was to good to be true. The Commander of the Tiger stated that the Berge-Panther had just pulled up in front of the Tiger when he ordered the crew to bail out, as the Russians were nearly on top of them. The Commander of the Tiger was also the Komapanie Chef. The Kompanie Chef also stated, they lost 2 Tigers on the 16.3.45 near Mor. The Russians do report knocking out 2 Tigers on the 16.3.45 along the Felso.Psz-Csakbereny road.
I might have a story to tell about the Tiger with the trophy number 308a as well, which might clear some confusion. At the moment this Tiger might be along the Csakbereny-Felso.Psz road. The Kompanie Chef in Question is not SS-Ostuf Wenke. The Officer in question is very much alive and I was very lucky to get 3 hours of this Gentlemans time.
- Not Grant but... - Oliver van Hettinga on Jan 16, 2012, 9:52 AM
- Ok sorry - Ian Michael Wood on Jan 16, 2012, 10:40 AM
- Just realised - Ian Michael Wood on Jan 16, 2012, 10:45 AM
- Re: To Grant, 9 Kp - Grant Hall on Jan 16, 2012, 12:01 PM
- To Grant, Part 2 - Ian Michael Wood on Jan 16, 2012, 1:59 PM
- Cheers Mike.. n/t - Grant Hall on Jan 17, 2012, 5:42 PM
- The Tiger from TIF - Ian Michael Wood on Jan 18, 2012, 8:38 AM
- Re: The Tiger from TIF - Grant Hall on Jan 18, 2012, 5:42 PM
- SS-T Tigers - Ian Michael Wood on Jan 19, 2012, 2:12 AM
- Just looked at TIF 502 - Ian Michael Wood on Jan 19, 2012, 2:17 AM