Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Many, many thanks

May 7 2012 at 1:24 AM
  (Login trex10)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 62.47.50.58

Response to Message deleted. nt

Stephen for sharing your excellent and very important photos.
This answers some open questions to me.
So if I have read Panzer Tracts correct, I would like to summarise (and If I am wrong I would be glad if someone corrects me) :
Your pictures shows a Sockellafette for the 2cm/KwK38 as introduced in August 1940 and fitted on some of the last produced Sdkfz 222 of the 3rd and in all 4th and 5th production run vehicles.
Panzer Tracts definates the use of 2 different kind of Sockellafette, one with 2 hand wheels for the gunner to adjust the gun (as shown on a photo in issue 13-1), used for the 2cm/Kwk30 and one with one handwheel (as shown on Stephens photos), so it seems this is the Sockelafette with "Knüppelsteuerung" as introduced in August 1940 and used for the 2cm/Kwk 38.
I have studied Panzer Tracts 13-1 yesterday especially for the used seats, and if they are correct (and I interpretate it right) than the 2 seats "with backrest" has been fitted on both Sockelafette versions, from 1st till 4th production run vehicles and the one with "bar seat" only from 5th production run on. As usually, beside exceptions

So in this case the Hobby Boss Sdkfz 222 would be right, Tamiya wrong (and even Tristar).
Its a pity that the Hobby Boss kit, which is well detailed and technically correct, is totally incorrect for the overall dimensions and upper hull shape.

This message has been edited by trex10 from IP address 62.47.50.58 on May 7, 2012 1:25 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. i am not sure.. - emanuel morales (Zeke) on May 7, 7:09 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse