Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Toldi turret hatch

June 19 2012 at 3:31 PM

A Telford  (Login ATelford)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 94.1.149.69

Thomas,
I've looked through a few hundred photos on my PC and only found three which show the inside of the hatch ( I have not looked in the books as yet), this image is the clearest I have.
Unfortunately I can't post the full image.

I can tell you it is a 38M Toldi II (B20), the unit is unknown at present.

There is another photo that clearly shows the three tone camouflage scheme was also applied to the interior surface of the hatch.

The hatch has what appears to be a slide/stay mechanism on either side, I suspect the locking handle was on the inside of the turret and 'locked' into the slide when the hatch was closed. I have seen these 'stays' disconected and the hatch almost lying flat on the turret roof.

Regards
Andrew T

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Two more - Romsits Adam on Jun 20, 3:13 AM
    1. AHHH! - Thomas Hartwig on Jun 20, 5:30 AM
      1. Friul tracks? - Romsits Adam on Jun 20, 6:25 AM
        1. In progress - Thomas Hartwig on Jun 20, 8:52 AM
          1. Very good news - Romsits Adam on Jun 20, 10:24 AM
            1. Toldi Crew Uniforms - Stirling Lowery on Jun 20, 11:31 AM
              1. Thank you - Thomas Hartwig on Jun 20, 11:57 AM

2. i gues Miniart announce a set of hungarians - Detlev Kaczmarek on Jun 21, 5:42 AM
    1. Toldi hatch further image - A Telford on Jun 21, 9:46 AM
      1. interesting - Thomas Hartwig on Jun 21, 4:17 PM
        1. I'd recommend paper stiffened with superglue or negative offset printing plate N/T - Romsits Adam on Jun 22, 6:42 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse