Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Strange box in the Sd.Kfz.251/21 Question

July 3 2012 at 8:13 AM
Marcel Zwarts  (Login zwarts)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 62.231.151.3

Im still working on an Sd.Kfz.251/21 Early version whit MG-151 15mm machineguns. There are still some thinks I do not understand. So is the question were the spare barrels were stored. I do know there exist a wooden crate for 3 spare barrels but was this box used?

On the photos linked below there is strange sort of metal box to see between the driver and commanders seat. Some time ago when I saw these photos I thought it was some rubies but now when I look closer it looks it belongs at this place. Maybe this is the place the spare barrels were stored.

I know almost for certain nobody has the info I seek but I had to ask. Has anyone more info on the inside of the Sd.Kfz.251/21

[linked image]

[linked image]

These photos came from.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/message/1065536355/Sd-Kfz+251-21+Drilling+version+variations+part+three

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. barrels - EricReist on Jul 3, 9:42 AM
    1. Re: barrels - Marcel Zwarts on Jul 3, 9:59 AM
      1. the box looks to be tied/wired in place nt - david nickels on Jul 3, 10:36 AM
        1. Re: the box looks to be tied/wired in place nt - Marcel Zwarts on Jul 3, 11:37 AM
          1. interpretation - david nickels on Jul 3, 12:45 PM
            1. boxes - Andrew Deeley on Jul 3, 2:02 PM
              1. we might be talking about different boxes - david nickels on Jul 3, 5:46 PM

2. Ammo belt machine - Fred Carbon on Jul 4, 2:52 AM
    1. Re: Ammo belt machine - Marcel Zwarts on Jul 4, 6:15 AM
      1. storing hot barrels vertically is a big no-no... - Ron van Wiggen on Jul 6, 5:47 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse