Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Kharkov battles

May 29 2017 at 9:38 AM
Kevin Tong  (Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 76.120.26.238

Response to Panzer IV Guidance

The 3rd battle of Kharkov (Feb. - Mar. 1943) would be most appropriate for your vehicle. All three of the SS panzer divisions which participated in this battle were equipped with the panzer IV ausf. F2/G with the double baffle muzzle brake. I'm pretty sure the base coat was dark grey as the Dunkelgelb base color didn't start to be applied until that spring (1943) and you can see brand new Tiger Is from the same battle painted in overall dark grey (not whitewashed). Greatcoats would be appropriate for this battle although some of the grenadiers also had knee-length, fur-lined and hooded parkas that you can see in photos from this battle. I don't think it was possible for the Panzer IV driver to drive with his head sticking out of the hatch (unless he were a particularly tall fellow with very long arms and legs!) but I could be wrong.

[linked image]

[linked image]

(ref: The Battle of Kharkov, Restayn, J.J. Fedorowicz, 2000)

This message has been edited by KevT from IP address 76.120.26.238 on May 29, 2017 9:39 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Perfect, Thanks - Scott Dutton on May 29, 2017, 4:09 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse