Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Tiger II 008 Befehlspanzer or not

June 9 2017 at 7:09 PM
David Coyne  (Login dcoyne333)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 79.97.15.45

I was looking for a interesting subject to model as a Tiger II Befehlspanzer.
So far i have four candidates that there are known photos of but a fifth possible one is 008 of the Pz Abt 501 in the Ardennes.
I have read through threads on this site and others that claim 008 was a command vehicle with a star antenna on the rear. I'v looked at the footage of this company travelling through a Belgium town and there is just a flash of an antenna on the rear but when you look at the other photos of the Tank things you would expect to see on a command vehicle are missing such as the mountings on the RHR hull for the large mast antenna, the pot for the engine deck antenna and the antenna base on the roof.
Anybody have any further info on why 008 is suppossed to be a command vehicle?

Maybe a star antenna shown here but you cant see it in the next frame. Might just be something in the background as well.

photo Copyoftigerspanthersdisc6009.jpg
photo Copyoftigerspanthersdisc6008.jpg

No sign of all the usual bits you would expect to see in this photo such as the rear engine antenna pot, the roof antenna mount and the RHR hull side mast mountings.

photo 008wreck.jpg

This is a really blurred photo but again i can't see any sign of fittings that you would expect to see. There is a chance that the rear mounted antenna tube is there but i can't really be sure.
Any thoughts or better photos?
photo tigerspanthersdisc6003.jpg

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Yes - Viktor Ukhov on Jun 10, 2017, 1:45 AM
    1. Excellent Viktor - David Coyne on Jun 10, 2017, 11:04 AM
      1. Tough call - David Nickels on Jun 10, 2017, 1:12 PM
      2. Re: Excellent Viktor - Viktor Ukhov on Jun 11, 2017, 9:14 AM
        1. This is interesting Viktor - David Coyne on Jun 11, 2017, 11:04 AM
      3. Re: Excellent Viktor - Tom Cockle on Jun 15, 2017, 5:36 PM
        1. I didn't see it at first Tom - David Coyne on Jun 16, 2017, 5:57 AM
          1. 008 - Viktor Ukhov on Jun 16, 2017, 12:55 PM