Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

I'm thinking the opposite

June 11 2017 at 11:38 AM
David Coyne  (Login dcoyne333)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 79.97.15.45

Response to Re: Mudguard hinge area

Thats a great photo Manus and thanks for posting it. What i'm thinking now is that the mudguards are not welded on to those 3 rectangular areas. Thats why missing mudguards leave such clean breaks on the hull front. They are only welded to the top where the actual hinge is welded. The welds at the side appear to be just fitting guides so the mud guard stays straight in position but when the mudguard is raises those rectangular plates rise with it thats why the green paint is underneath and the paint line is below the rectangle.
I'm keeping an open mind on whether this photo is colourized. So far no one has come up with the Black and white version of this exact photo and until we do this has a very good chance of being the real deal.

My other thoughts on comments above is that the buildings in the background above the mantlet look as they do because they are dark gray slate and perhaps old wood or burn stained wood or in shadow not because the artist forgot to paint them.
Same goes for the headlight wire. The metal tube to protect it is gone and the flayed wire inside is a dark colour. The real world contains plenty of gray so saying something that looks grey has obviously not been painted by the artist is a stretch. Look at the quality of the work if this colourized, he wouldn't have missed out on a building.

Dave.

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse