Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Look here

June 12 2017 at 8:44 AM
David Nickels  (Login djnick66)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 65.33.79.222

Response to Which Kfz 15?

I built the Bronco Kfz. 12 (essentially the same car) for a Track Link blog.

http://www.track-link.com/blogs/23501

Having built both, I would say which kit you buy depends on both your building skill and what is important to you in a model.

The Italeri kit is now 40 something years old. Back in the mid 70s it was excellent and without peer. Today, it is still fundamentally solid, but also rather simple and sparsely detailed. The body is pretty nice and there is nothing really wrong with the kit, although the simple rubber tires are bad. What you see just sitting on a shelf or in a diorama is reasonable. The Eduard photo-etch set for the kit adds a lot, and you can buy some resin wheels, which I recommend. With some TLC it builds up into a nice kit and Italeri has reissued their old kit as a dedicated radio car with some new interior parts.

The Bronco kit is, well, Bronco. Anything that can be broken down into 9 parts with 3 photo-etch details has been done so. The complex suspension is hampered by poor, abstract, instructions that just show things being assembled floating in space. There is no way you can set the height of the suspension arms, drive shafts , etc without actually building those parts on the model itself. But, everything fits VERY well and despite the complexity, I had no real issues aside from figuring out a new way to build the kit. Now, much of the detail, especially on the chassis and suspension will be lost unless you pick the model up to look. But, there is a general refinement over the top with things like the running boards, windshield frame, pioneer tools, etc. being much nicer. Bronco throws in a few accessories like some German infantry back packs.

I found an old Italeri kit cheap for $15 USD which is at least 1/4 the price of the Bronco kit. So, cost could be a factor as the Bronco kit is rather expensive for a small car.

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse