Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Side By Side

June 12 2017 at 9:33 AM
Paul McMahon  (Login Paul_McMahon20)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 217.114.169.238

Response to AP hit impact mark ?

Hi Andrew and Kevin , I have put the two large photos side by side for instant comparison sake.

[linked image]

I had another look at the B&W image after reading Andrews post and you can see that there are in fact 3 large ( non rifle caliber round ) hits to the front / side of the hull. There is a large one to the left close to the underneath of the gun barrel , the spalling ricochet on the drivers front and one to the drivers side upper hull. I agree that having had a high kinetic impact with enough force to deform or remove a hunk of thick armour plating that the last thing that you would find is that RAL paint is soooo good that it is able to be absorbed or penetrate the armour below the surface line to a depth of several millimeters+ and not exposed metal that may rust after a certain amount of time.

Here is the B&W photo section showing the impact.

[linked image]

Here is the "colour" version.

[linked image]

You will see straight away that the light "cable" is anything but a clumsy attempt at some digital scrawling.In this photo I have also pointed out several but no all digital alerts - the pixels look very smudged which should not be the case if this were a true photograph. Take a step back and have a look at the photo.. there are clouds of mini blurs going on in it which points to digital manipulation.

As a comparison here are the two sections side by side.

[linked image]

Its always worth taking a second look at things that we hope and pray for as "true" due to the "X-File" gene leading us down the "I want to believe" path.

Hope this might be of some help in clarifying that photos happy.gif

For my mind having seen the "drawn" light cable and the blurred pixels and the previous floating white pixels in deep shadow leaves me in no doubt we are looking at a very well done colourised photo that could easily have passed the mustard happy.gif

Best regards

Paul

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks Paul - Andrew Deeley on Jun 12, 2017, 10:15 AM
    1. Turret Track Hangers (?) - Roland AƟmann on Jun 12, 2017, 11:38 AM
      1. Nope, don't buy it. - John Morrison on Jun 12, 2017, 4:30 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse