Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Original

June 15 2017 at 4:04 AM
Andrew deeley  (Login deeley)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 86.188.32.219

Response to really strange defence

Hi Alasdar

Personally I would never knowingly promote copies or infringements of subjects.I actually own one of the 'original ' in your post.

However to be honest I've seen demonstration on forming brass/lead/ alliminum sheet using male/ female formers going back to the 1970's - replicating corrugated sheet sheets in the old Mil Mod mags. Also train modellers have used similar ideas for a long time as their use of brass long predates our use. So the idea is not exactly new.

Yes the designs are nearly the same but to be honest any former will follow the same format and if the 'original ' design is the ideal size then any others will be close otherwise they are not ideal. I think it's a bit like saying Revell paint brushes are copies of Winder and Newton paint brushes because the hairs and handle are the same way round and simiar length.

Another example are all the etched metal saws now available. The first one I remember were the Trimaster ones from Japan Due to cost and not ideal design plus they were hard to obtain others took the idea and improved it. Now there's lots of manufacturers saws to choose from of which some look practically the same as others.

Finally I haven't seen the ' original ' around for some time, is it still available?

Sorry you feel the way you do. The 'orginal' was maybe the first one on the market aimed at plastic modellers and the ideal size for us but it's not really 'patentable' so hence not original.

Kind regards
Andrew

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse