Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Not sure i can help but...

September 14 2017 at 1:58 PM
Dave Coyne  (Login dcoyne333)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address

Response to Alt markings & camo for Dragon King Tiger kit #6208?

Thats a difficult question to answer Dave.
What decals do you have available to use for a start?
Is it that you want to avoid doing zimmerit on your model so you don't want to use the kit decals as per the box art?
There are two other sets of decals in that kit for Tiger 312 and 334 or the Pz Abt 501. Neither machine had zimmerit.
You could check out the photos over on TIIF web site but they are just B/W photos.

I can't think of any other web site with King Tiger colour profiles and i can't off the top of my head think of any cheap books on the subject. There are colour profile books that are just general profiles of mixed vehicles that may include the king Tiger but you don't want to buy a book for a couple of pages of useful material.

Regarding King Tiger camouflage once they stopped getting zimmerit in september 44 they began to have camouflage patterns painted in the factory so all of the later ones have a standard pattern.
Take a look at my Blog chapter over on Tracklink covering paint patterns on KTs.

You could also take a look at some of the builds on this site in the Gallery.

This message has been edited by dcoyne333 from IP address on Sep 14, 2017 2:03 PM

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse