Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

German Propaganda film makers,question

August 27 2002 at 8:46 AM
jamie sumner  (no login)
from IP address 139.134.57.153

Sorry for all the questions to-nite,,well saw this picture of a german cameraman up atop a civillian vehicle with film camera, tripod etc my question is,on say allied vehicles they had signs like PHOTOGRAPHER etc,what would the germans have had for filmcrews ??? please any suggestions ,, TIA JAMIE

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ian Stapley
(no login)

"Propagandakompanie" cuff title ...

August 27 2002, 12:27 PM 

worn on the right sleeve (same as e g Grossdeutschland or Afrikakorps). The vehicles probably were only marked with a tactical symbol on front and rear.

Respond to this message   
Esko Koskinen
(no login)

Kriegsberichter cuff title

August 27 2002, 4:02 PM 

Hi!

Waffen SS war correspondents Or Kriegsberichters had cuff titles like these:

Worn on left sleeve, either with or without divisional cuff title. Waffenfarbe of Waffen SS war correspondents was lemon yellow.

Luftwaffe and Whrmacht had their own KB Abteilungs, but I guess the cuff title was worn in right sleeve?

Pictures (C) SOLDAT FHQ http://www.soldat.com

HTH,

Esko

Respond to this message   
Paul Hanson
(no login)

Kriegsberichter

August 28 2002, 12:09 PM 

Esko is correct - the LW and Heer units wore their cufftitles on the right sleeve.

I have not found a specific listing for Waffenfarbe of Heer KB, so for now I am assuming they wore the light gray Waffenfarbe of the Propaganda troops.

None of my Luftwaffe refs give any listing for either KB or Propaganda troops. I would assume they wore the golden brown of Signals. Possibly they wore the golden yellow of the Film Services of the RLM; but I would lean to the golden brown Waffenfarbe of signals.

PH

Respond to this message   
Esko Koskinen
(no login)

LW KB

August 28 2002, 4:04 PM 

Hi!

I'll check the Luftwaffe Kriegsberichter thing tomorrow, if I remember correctly our local library has a book with colour pictures from WW2 Finland, and in one picture a Luftwaffe Kriegsberichter is filming Finnish troops. I can scan the picture for you if you want?

With best wishes,

Esko

Respond to this message   
Paul Hanson
(no login)

Picture of LW-KB

August 29 2002, 8:18 AM 

Esko;

If the photo shows his collar patches in color by all means please do.

PH

Respond to this message   
Esko Koskinen
(no login)

SS Kriegsberichter picture

August 28 2002, 4:12 PM 

I just remembered that I had this great picture of Finnish SS Kriegsberichter re-enactor. He may have a SS-KB cuff title under his winter anorak..

HTH,

Esko

Respond to this message   
Brad Cocks
(no login)

Stills and Motion picture guys

August 28 2002, 7:47 AM 

Hey Jamie I seem to recall reading that it was common for both still photographers and motion picture cameramen in the PK to work close together often shooting the same scenes.Ive got a doco I taped off tv a while back called "The camera in the scouts car". It shows a young german bloke who was into film making, shooting the daily life of his mates ect.Well the PK saw some of his film and he was transfered to an Army film unit.I didnt notice any cuff title for army or special Vechicle markings.Ive seen one pic of an ss film maker with "Kurt Eggers" cuff title.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse