Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Japanese tank colors?

November 25 2002 at 12:39 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 193.88.175.164

Could anyone help me with a near match in Federal Standard Colors for Japanese WWII tank Colors.
I´ve been searching through the internet and my modelling magazines, but the closest I have come to a definition is in modelling colors unavailable to me.
Having the color chart, I could make my own blend.

And while we are at it: I have seen (In Armor Modelling Vol. 12) a Type 3 "Chi-Nu" Medium Tank painted two-tone green. Any suggestions to what colors may be used for this late-war sceme?

Thanks in advance
Ole

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Ole, I have a neat book...

November 25 2002, 5:50 PM 

...called Basic Military Vehicle Modelling, from Compendium Modelling Manuals. The book shows a Type 97 tank and refers to the base color as simply a Khaki shade with green and brown camoflage colors. No paint brands are mentioned and no FS Numbers are cited; but if you can get your hands on the book, the article will be helpful in your project. The series editor for this book is Jerry Scutts and the book itself, deals mainly with painting and weathering of armor models. Hope this is of help. Regards, Dave

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Armour of the Pacific War

November 25 2002, 11:55 PM 

Ole, Check out Steve Zaloga's Osprey Vanguard #35 book noted above. The color plates seem close enough to accurate for my taste. See what you think. GEP

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Japanese ref.

November 26 2002, 6:00 AM 

Hi!

Tankmaster from Poland has released two excellent books on Japanese armour (I suspect there is at least one more coming). They are bilingual and absoulutly packed with drawings, photos and colour artwork. These are among the best books I have seen.

Erik

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Japanese tank colors?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse