Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Stug IIIG Steel Return Rollers

February 9 2007 at 4:07 PM
Bill Apple  (Login BILLAPL)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 216.207.71.1

I am thinking of converting an early Stug IIIG to a late and would need steel return rollers. Are these extras in any kits or does someone make an aftermarket set? Thanks for any replys. -Bill.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Paul Olin
(Login olin)
Missing-Lynx members

Couple of options

February 9 2007, 6:33 PM 

Hello Bill,
There are a couple of options as steel return rollers go. Tank Work Shop makes a set along with the shot deflector for the commander's cupola for your early to late conversion. There is also a set of white metal return rollers made by Model Kasten. The only place I have seen them was in Osprey's Modelling the Stug III. Then the final option is using the ones from a DML Stug III Ausf G, however the "axle" between the two halves is to wide and needs to be narrowed for a correct width return roller.

TWS 2060 STUG III Detail Set w/Late Mantlet

As for the Model Kasten ones I am not sure where to find them. I looked on several online stores in the U.S. with no luck. I hope this helped.
regards,
Paul

Respond to this message   
p.toivonen
(Login pexi2002)
Missing-Lynx members

two assembly plants

February 10 2007, 6:11 PM 

Hi you all,

On the pic above the problem is that the gun mantlet (Saukopf) is an Alket one and the retur rolers from Miag plant.

Ok, I know that this mix is possible (I´ve seen a picture), but not very common.

These rollers go better with the Miag-type block mantlet.

CMK has a set that comes with two types of all steel return rollers. Inclded is a Saukopf mantlet which is not a very good one.

Cheers,

Pekka

Respond to this message   
James Guld
(Login jamesguld)
Missing-Lynx members

Dragon kits ?

February 9 2007, 8:40 PM 

You could take them off of the Dragon kit of the Stug G late with the 105mm gun.

Jim Guld

Respond to this message   
Christophe Jacquemont
(Login cjacquemont)
Missing-Lynx members

MR Models do a set.

February 10 2007, 1:56 AM 

In white metal, very nice. Two types included in the set.

Quick review :

http://www.track-link.net/reviews/k619

Cheers,
Christophe

Respond to this message   
Detlev Kaczmarek
(Login Het11)
Missing-Lynx members

Modellkasten do 2 types of late Returnrollers

February 10 2007, 7:12 PM 

Respond to this message   
Bill Apple