Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Tamiya SDKFZ 7/2

September 15 2007 at 8:57 PM
David Schemel  (Login justplanestuff)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 24.209.171.33

I have always been rather enamoured with the 37 mm SDKFZ 7/2. I have the Tamiya kit and have ordered the MK wheels and tracks, Eduard Brass and Model Point gun barrel.

I realize that the base kit is kinda long in the tooth. I built the other versions a very long time ago. What do I have to watch for on this kit? Any good refernces out there in either book or internet form? I have found Toadman's SDKFZ 7 walkaround.

Bob Ohler's model in the gallery http://www.missing-lynx.com/gallery/german/bo7.htm has an ammo trailer with it. I assume the trailer is scratchbuilt are there any references on that? Would the Sd.Anhänger 51 trailer be appropriate?

Thanks

Dave Schemel

Improving my modeling one mistake at a time.

www.justplanestuff.net

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mark Willox
(Login MTWillox)
Missing-Lynx members

The trailer etc.

September 15 2007, 10:13 PM 

I think the trailer can be built on the frame/carrier from the Tamiya 37mm flak kit. This will give you an extra gun to use on something else but is an extra expense. I really liked the Modelkasten tracks and wheels. The links are pretty much a friction fit and so you should be able to build them without any glue at all. The Eduard stuff is nice and I pretty much used all of the pieces included. I did read somewhere that the angles of the gun shield may not be 100% accurate but I was not able to verify this with any reference. I would suggest the tank workshop resin front wheels, but there is an alternative resin wheel manufacturer (Signifier) that has their stuff on Ebay quite often and it includes some suspension components.

The only trouble I've ever had on the sdkfz 7 kits is fitting the engine cover to the cab. It might take a bit of filler.

There was a great looking sdkfz 7 build on constructive comments a recently.

Hope this helps

Mark

Respond to this message   
Gary Donaldson
(Login gedmagpie1)
Missing-Lynx members

you may wish to acquire the Signifer Sd.Kfz. 7

September 15 2007, 10:28 PM 

front suspension and wheels a nice little touch and details out the front steering mechanism. I bought one for my 7. HTH

Regards,
Gary D.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse