Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dragon StuG III Kit No.9014 - whats new?

October 21 2007 at 4:22 PM
  (Login Spike_67)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 87.174.83.46

Hello everybody;

over on ebay I just saw Dragons "new" StuG III G 75 mm Sdkfz.142/1 Kit NO. 9014. But I couldn't find a review of this kit anywhere, even on Dragons site! So could someone tell me more? Is it just a re-release of Dragons "old" kit from the mid-90ies which was reissued by Revell? Or is it based on their recent release of the StuH 42-kit?
Anyway how does it compare to the Revell kit?

Many TIA
Markus from snowy Bavaria

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Tooray12)
Missing-Lynx members

9014 is NOT new...

October 21 2007, 5:44 PM 

it's from Dragon's "Imperial Series" which consists largely of retooled Gunze Sangyo kits. The quality of the kit is more in step with late 80s/early 90s era kits than the latest generation armor models. So while 9014 is a decent build, it is far from state of the art.

Dragon's new StuG III G is 6320 I believe and, in contrast to 9014, is of the early variety. It's basically the same type as the late 90s Tamiya StuG III G. Of course, subject is about the only thing the Tamiya and new Dragon kits have in common. DML's new StuG is definitely much superior to its Tamiya counterpart (which is a nice kit as well). The new Dragon kit is easily more detailed, inside and out. In fact, unlike previous StuG III Gs, DML's 6320 includes a partial interior. The build, moreover, is modular, affording some flexibility with respect to painting and detailing. The new DML StuG is simply an outstanding model.

All that said, you should probably wait for the eventual release of a newly tooled late StuG III G. I know am really looking forward to Dragon's this and the appearance of a new StuG IV.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Dragon StuG III Kit No.9014 - whats new?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse