Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sdkfz 221 mit 2.8cm sPzB41 used by Afrika Korps?

April 1 2008 at 8:11 PM
Michael Karnowka  (Login MKarnowka)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 98.14.77.47

My initial answer would be a no, since the data according to the 'Encyclopedia of German Tanks and AFVs of WWII' says that the remaining Sdkfz 221 armoured cars were converted with the 2.8cm gun in 1942, but I have to ask, were they perhaps used by the Afrika Korps? I suppose Russia was the only place these vehicles saw action? I consulted the Ryton title on the Panzerspahwagen, to no avail. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Regards, MK

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Alanmccoubrey
(Login Alanmccoubrey)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Sdkfz 221 mit 2.8cm sPzB41 used by Afrika Korps?

April 2 2008, 6:55 AM 

They had at least one. Alan

Respond to this message   
Roland Johansson
(Login rolandj)
Missing-Lynx members

Very interesting and nice, as...

April 2 2008, 3:08 PM 

...you don´t discuss the probability when there is a photo shown you. Btw, Gent´s, does anyone know if this 2.8 cm gun was mounted on any 250/251 vehicle in Africa? I must admit that I have a soft spot for this little gun. I belive it´s from day's gone by when I found this hobby or maybe this hobby found me at the tender age of  12 when I bought me a box of Arfix Afrika Korps figures in 1/72 scale. Wasn´t it a rather crude 2.8 cm gun in that box?

Regards/Roland   

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse