Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Pz 38t ausf. G interior colors

March 31 2009 at 1:22 PM
Walter Schneider  (Login sturmgeschutziv)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 74.215.237.200

Hello All,
I can't remember if I have asked before but I would like to know what the interior colors of the Pz 38t ausf. G would be. I believe that the fighting compartment would be elfbein but it is the engine area that I am unsure about. Would it too be elfbein or a red oxide primer color? I appreciate any info anyone could lend in this area!

Best Wishes,
Walter

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Andrew Deeley
(Login deeley)
Missing-Lynx members

answer - link

March 31 2009, 3:42 PM 

Hi Walter

this link should answer your question.

http://byrden.com/panzers/Colours/index.html

Regards
Andrew

Respond to this message   
David Byrden
(Login DavidByrden)
Missing-Lynx members

Not necessarily...

March 31 2009, 3:50 PM 

These tanks were manufactured in Czechoslovakia, and originally designed outside of the German tank industry framework. So I don't know about them.

David

Respond to this message   
Michael McLaughlin
(Login Michael_McLaughlin)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Pz 38t ausf. G interior colors

March 31 2009, 3:57 PM 

Hi Walter,

Although Andrew is right about David Byrden's site being the best reference for German interior colours. The 38(t) was a Czech vehicle and I believe that the Czechs carried on using their own colours.

I spoke to the owner and restorer of this vehicle at the War and Peace show last year:
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
The vehicle was dug up in Hungary and was overall dark yellow on top of the Grey. The numbers were visible under the paint, so he restored it to the colour and markings under the yellow paint.
The interior was "white, off white" I asked if he would describe it as ivory and he said no, also he is restoring a Marder 3M which also has a white interior. He couldn't say what colour the inside of the engine bay hatches were because they were too rusty. The tools were original spares which were packaged and marked Pz 38(t) all wood work was green and all metal work black.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Mike
[linked image]
Please remove xxx from my email address.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse