Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Help with Ammunition trailer for Sd.Kfz.7 mit Flak 37 3.7 cm

January 9 2012 at 1:48 PM
Scott Gentry  (Login didiumus)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 63.248.79.21

I have two of the Dragon 6542 kits, and would like to see about building one towing one of the ammunition trailers often seen with this variant of 8 ton tractor.

Trumpeter makes an Sd.Kfz.7 with a trailer called a "Sd.Anhanger 52" trailer, but the tractor itself has the Flak 38 20mm quad gun rather than the single 3.7 cm Flak gun that I have, and the trailer looks quite different than the pictures I have seen with the Flak 37 equipped tractors. The trailer in the Trumpeter kit is quite petite in comparison, with the Flak 37 ammo trailer being quite a bit bulkier and taller in profile.

Can anyone help me with a nomenclature/designation, so I can try to source one of these trailers?

TIA,

Scott Gentry

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
gert brandl
(Login gebra_de)
Missing-Lynx members

Sd.Ah. 57

January 9 2012, 2:31 PM 

Hello Scott,

the trailer you are looking for is called Sonderanhaenger 57 (Sd.Ah. 57).
A kit in 1:35 is offered by the Wiener Modellbaumanufaktur.

Due to several requests I had regarding that topic, I have submited a line drawing generated some years ago for publishing at the German IPMS Homepage yesterday. It should be posted there within the next days.
HTH
Gert

Respond to this message   
Scott Gentry
(Login didiumus)
Missing-Lynx members

Thank you very much, hope to see your work. That resin kit is nice, but $61 USD?

January 9 2012, 9:36 PM 

Thanks again!

Scott Gentry

Respond to this message   
Jesse Naughton
(Login PseudoRealityX)
Missing-Lynx members

Didn't Broco make a trailer for the 37mm Flak?

January 9 2012, 5:00 PM 

Respond to this message   
gert brandl
(Login gebra_de)
Missing-Lynx members

Bronco made the trailer, but using the SdAh 52

January 9 2012, 5:08 PM 

This was also possible, but it is not the regular trailer but
if ever used in praxis only a field modification.
Gert

Respond to this message   
Ron Lebert
(Login ronlebert)
Missing-Lynx members

Help with trailer

January 9 2012, 10:56 PM 

I am currently wrestling with this exact problem, I need a trailer for my Mercedes Maultier. Take a look @ my blog & see if this helps answers some of your questions..http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=52397&p=34
If you can add anything to help please do.
Ron.

This message has been edited by ronlebert from IP address 76.10.166.237 on Jan 9, 2012 10:56 PM

Respond to this message   
Nick Tebbs
(Login Tebsie)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Help with trailer

January 10 2012, 5:24 AM 

Ron

The subject of the SdAh 56/57 comes up from time to time, even as recentley as a few weeks ago - see this board 23rd Dec 2011. I'll send you a copy of the Type 41 1500kg Baumuster handbook later today. I hope it proves useful.

As Gert says, it's probable that an ammo locker from the 56 was mounted on a 52 chassis at some time as a field mod but the 52 chassis is not the chassis used for the 56/57, it was the Baumuster.

The Bronco "52" quite correct and an excelent kit. I wish they would do the same for the "56/57".

Nick

Respond to this message   
Ron Lebert
(Login ronlebert)
Missing-Lynx members

Trailer details

January 10 2012, 2:51 PM 

That is very nice of you.
As for details explaining the different platforms used to carry the Ammo box, all this is covered in the blog.
The Sd.Ah.41 is the chassis of choice for the 56/57 box.
It has the 8 bolt wheel where the 52 is only a 6 bolt wheel.
The 42 frame work is correct to photos. This was a base for several different box/houses used by the German trailer manufactures.
CMK's # T35005 3.7 flak has a 8 bolt trailer that could be used/modified if accuracy weren't too much of a concern.
I am no expert, just a guy sitting in his basement trying to get it right.!
Ron

This message has been edited by ronlebert from IP address 76.10.166.237 on Jan 10, 2012 2:52 PM

Respond to this message   
Roy A. Schlicht
(Login schlichtr)
Missing-Lynx members

Trumpeter's Sd.Kfz. 7/2 and 7/1 late has the right trailer...Sorta...

January 10 2012, 12:37 PM 

Trumpeter's 7/2 and 7/1 late kits have what they call a Sd.Ah. 52 but is actually closer to the 56/57 but not totally right for those either. It has the right body wheels and fenders but the wrong frame and suspension. The 56/57 was the same except for the inners with the 56 having the loadout for the 20mm and the 57 for the 37mm. There was also an early and a late version with the early version having a square box body and the later having a rounded top

Roy

Respond to this message   
gert brandl
(Login gebra_de)
Missing-Lynx members

Drop me a line

January 12 2012, 5:01 PM 

Hello Scott,
probably it will take some time (our webmaster is currently not available)
until my line drawings will be online.
Therefore, please send me a mail and I will send you the drawing.
Regards
Gert

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse