Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

German Hetzer Interior photos

July 2 2012 at 5:54 PM
  (Login justplanestuff)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 72.135.202.81

I believe Bovington's Hetzer is Fgst. NR 322111 and was captured during the war and studied by the British. I have found several interior pictures in the New Vanguard Hetzer book (credited to Hilary Doyle). I assume there was complete photo study done inside and out. Is there any way to get my hands on more interior shots? Actually I am not overly concerned with this vehicle but any interior photos of Hetzers that can't be confused with Swiss G13's.

Where can one find these types of pictures? Is there some British archives where they would be held? I live in the USA so a road trip is highly unlikely.

Thanks

Dave Schemel

Improving my modeling one mistake at a time.

www.justplanestuff.net

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login RichardIsner)
Missing-Lynx members

where are you in the States?

July 2 2012, 7:07 PM 

Hi,

The Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles has a former G-13 that was backdated to Hetzer standard. It still has the Swiss-installed engine (Mercedes IIRC), but Marc and the team at the VMMV(Now the American Wartime Museum)were pretty meticulous about the conversion inside and out. They replaced any Swiss fittings with German items. In fact, the Swiss had painted the inside white, but there was German ivory colored paint behind several of the items mounted on the walls. Research revealed that the VMMV Hetzer/G-13 was a serial number that was actually on the line when the war ended. I can remember the museum team scoring the world to find things like the remote control for the roof-mounted MG and the commander's periscope.

You can find some photos on line at the website for the American Wartime Museum or the VMMV (VMMV.org), or you can come to the Open House 18/19 August and see it for yourself. I know that a number of AMPS members in CVAMPS have taken shots over the years. Hopefully this will get you some response.

Richard

Respond to this message   

(Login justplanestuff)
Missing-Lynx members

I'm in Wisconsin

July 2 2012, 9:46 PM 

Yes, I am aware of this Hetzer and the restoration seems impressive. I have sent an e-mail to the museum to see if I can talk to someone there. Thanks.

Thanks

Dave Schemel

www.justplanestuff.net

Respond to this message   

(Login danrosecrans)
Missing-Lynx members

Check this out......

July 2 2012, 10:32 PM 

Dave. I don't know about accuracy or colors,but it looks good. I have the book and it is well worth the money. Covers the complete interior.......Dan

http://www.airconnection.on.ca/AJ-PRESS/airconnection_AJPRESS_AJTP31.htm

Respond to this message   

(Login justplanestuff)
Missing-Lynx members

Got both this book and part 1

July 3 2012, 12:41 PM 

While the drawings are remarkable, sometimes they are questionable in accuracy. As an example the the floor escape hatch apparently was not installed in war time Hetzers but all the drawings show it. I am also not sure if the storage bins under the drive shaft were a WWII fitting.

Thanks

Dave Schemel

www.justplanestuff.net

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - German Hetzer Interior photos
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse