Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bronco Zriniyi hitting the shops....

July 9 2012 at 12:07 PM
Scott Dimmick  (Login SEDimmick)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 143.85.199.242

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Javier de Luelmo - Diesel
(Login JaviDiesel)
Missing-Lynx members

And now some beautiful Zrinyi "in action" footage

July 10 2012, 1:28 PM 

Along with Nimrod, Rába, Stug... Enjoy!

http://filmhiradok.nava.hu/watch.php?id=5888

http://dieselwerk.blogspot.com/

Respond to this message   
R.H.-Winter
(Login R.H.-Winter)
Missing-Lynx members

Enjoy?

July 10 2012, 2:00 PM 

Just my two cents: Interesting tanks. But I just can't enjoy brave soldiers, destroyed, burning houses and corpses.
Thank you.
Richard

Respond to this message   
(Login JaviDiesel)
Missing-Lynx members

Of course

July 10 2012, 4:31 PM 

The only subject to enjoy are the tanks.

http://dieselwerk.blogspot.com/

Respond to this message   
R.H.-Winter
(Login R.H.-Winter)
Missing-Lynx members

Zriyini's performance?

July 11 2012, 3:16 PM 

Yes, to see the Zriniyi moving is especially interesting.
Who knows more about how the Zriniyi performed in action?
Richard

Respond to this message   
Stirling Lowery
(Login StirlingLowery)
Missing-Lynx members

Performance :-

July 12 2012, 5:46 AM 

Richard,

An account of one of the Zrinyi`s actions can be found in "Magyar Steel" where five Zrinyi`s ambushed a number of T-34/85`s resulting in eighteen T-34`s destroyed for the loss of one damaged Zrinyi, subsequently all remaining Zrynyi`s were damaged but two were still drivable and were used to salvage the others, so when properly employed the Zrinyi was sufficient in it`s performance against Soviet medium armour.

If I can remember correctly an article detailing the Zrinyi`s career appeared as a follow-up article to Steve Zaloga`s build-up feature of the old Commander kit Zrinyi during 1999 ?

Respond to this message   
R.H.-Winter
(Login R.H.-Winter)
Missing-Lynx members

Article on the Zrinyi's career

July 13 2012, 5:53 AM 

Thank you, Stirling, for this interesting bit! Do you have a hint for me, where to find the article, you mention?
I really had no idea about how the Zrinyi performed: Depending on the versions it either looks like a Sturmgeschütz or a Jagdpanzer and so one can imagine, which way it was used. But apart from the fact that with all the bolts and non-sloped armour the Zrinyis look a little "old fashioned" (exeption: the broad tracks) at least for the later phases of WW2, their performance will mostly have depended on the degree of experience of the crews and the leading officers, as well as on the general tactics of "hungarian tank warfare".
Now I am really looking foreward to see the first built Zrinyis of the new Bronco kit!
Richard

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse