Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Diesel Locomotives of the Wehrmacht

November 7 2012 at 7:38 PM
Neil Lyall  (Login neilyall)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 58.174.0.127

Hello

Does anybody have a copy of the book "Die Diesellokomotiven Der Wehrmacht" (The Diesel Locomotives of the Wehrmacht) by Stefan Lauscher

I'm hoping it has blue prints or scale builders drawings of locomotive types, particulary the WR 360. Or at least hoping it has good clear photographs of sides and ends.

I will order a copy off the web if it has plans or good photos, can anyone comment

TIA
Neil

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Thinacre)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: The Diesel Locomotives of the Wehrmacht

November 8 2012, 12:27 PM 

Hi I have this book, bought some years back at the Glasgow model railway show from the German railway society. It does have drawings of various locos though mainly side elevations. The photographic coverage seems pretty good to me with some nice ones of WR360's being erected. There is lots of good information in it and if my German was better probably even more than that. Diesels are not really my thing but it seems to cover them pretty well.
Best wishes
Jamie

Respond to this message   

(Login JohnPrigent)
MODERATORS ONLY - Allied WWII

There's also a WWP book about the WR360

November 8 2012, 2:07 PM 

Loads of photos, though I don't remember it having plans.

Cheers

John

Respond to this message   

(Login neilyall)
Missing-Lynx members

November 9 2012, 5:35 AM 

Hi John

I forgot about that book, (and appears that there are two books one on the C12 the other on the C14, and its quite reasonably priced as well), thanks I will track both down

cheers
Neil

This message has been edited by neilyall from IP address 58.174.0.127 on Nov 9, 2012 5:38 AM

Respond to this message   

(Login neilyall)
Missing-Lynx members

November 9 2012, 5:39 AM 

Hi Jamie

thanks for the advice

it sounds useful enough, even though I don't know more than 2 words of german.

It will be a bonus if it has any pictures/text of the loco in Wehrmacht use or with Panzerzug 29 too. Even though there were 270 made by 1944, pictures of them in use during the war are very scarce.

cheers
Neil

Respond to this message   

(Login Thinacre)
Missing-Lynx members

November 9 2012, 4:56 PM 

There are a fair few pictures of their service with the Wehrmacht with a good lot in North Africa. There are also a couple of Panzerzug 29 but the view is a bit limited. Not being much on Diesels it has just come to my attention that the V36 is a later version and there are more drawings of that.
Best wishes
Jamie

Respond to this message   
Neil Lyall
(Login neilyall)
Missing-Lynx members

November 9 2012, 6:21 PM 

Thanks for the additional info Jamie.

Given those pictures, I'll order a copy of this book as well as the WWP book

cheers
Neil