Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

new Academy King Tiger 1/35 2013

December 27 2012 at 3:47 PM
  (Login preusse)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 78.94.197.219

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/winni4wgbojzhsd2movp.html

looks nice done with single tracks and figures

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login F4dphantom2)
Missing-Lynx members

Would love to see a review on kit.

December 27 2012, 6:55 PM 

Thanks.

Respond to this message   

(Login davecoyne300)
Missing-Lynx members

Yes, looks good to me

December 27 2012, 9:16 PM 

Looks like there's loads of parts which means the detail should be good. My only gripe is that they molded the road wheels in two parts which seems a bit weird as there not exactly rubber tires on them. Never mind i guess each company likes to do something that would seem to be an innovation in plastic modelling, as long as the fit is good i won't have any complaints.
It's also good to see the transport track being used although you wouldn't see any hanging on the turret side as depicted in the built up model.

Respond to this message   
Dave Williams
(Login dmwilliams)
Missing-Lynx members

Hmmmm....

December 28 2012, 5:59 AM 

Whoever built the one in the photo didn't know his stuff. Check out the spare track links on the turret.

Their recent Hetzer was good in my view, but does the world need another KT?

Dave

Respond to this message   
Alan Mckenzie
(Login BigAltheMac)
Missing-Lynx members

Yes, if only to get the competition to take notice.......

December 28 2012, 10:02 AM 

Hi

Some would say does the world need all the variations of Panzer IV or Tiger 1 that DML/Cyberhobby produce.

The recent release of the Tiger1 in Orange box format, which I understand is in all but name the white box Wittmann Tiger was probably their reaction to Zvezda's announcement of their soon to be released Early Tiger 1.

With retail outlets showing the price of this Academy King Tiger considerably less than Dragon kits it may have the desirable effect of reducing the price that Dragon currently ask for kits.

Whilst none of us will see the sales figures of the last year or so for Dragon's model sales I would guess its not been at the level previously enjoyed when prices were lower and competition not as great. The high retail purchase cost coupled to other manufacturing companies such as AFV Club, Bronco, introducing interesting and appealing kits at lower prices must have had an effect on sales profit.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an Orange Box version of one of Dragons previous King Tiger kits popping up within the near future.

Alan

Respond to this message   

(Login djnick66)
Missing-Lynx members

and different markets

December 28 2012, 10:22 AM 

Some people are drawn to a particular brand of kits, and some brands of kits are or are not available in certain markets. Also, most companies like to have the bread and butter items in their own product range. Tiger tanks always sell and why shouldn't Academy have one since they bring in money for Dragon and Tamiya.

Whey I had my shop I would have customers say they preferred various companies over others. Tamiya was always popular but a lot of people dissed Dragon for too many parts, poor instructions, individual link tracks, etc.

Respond to this message   

(Login F4dphantom2)
Missing-Lynx members

Kind of a rival to DML's hard to find Last production kit

December 28 2012, 8:56 AM 

I'll get whichever one I can find.

Respond to this message   

(Login F4dphantom2)
Missing-Lynx members

Found DML Last production Tiger II kit on ebay

January 4 2013, 9:02 AM 

For $28.99 plus shipping.Sold!

Respond to this message   

(Login RichardIsner)
Missing-Lynx members

I like the driver's hatch area!

December 28 2012, 8:55 PM 

It appears that the kit includes the plate that has the driver and radio operator hatches as a separate piece. That could be used to fix the E-100 from Dragon, or just to show some extra interior detail! If this is as good as their Hetzer, it will be a good addition to my hobby shop warehouse-like stash!

Richard

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - new Academy King Tiger 1/35 2013
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse