Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Well..its January so...

January 13 2014 at 10:40 AM

Mirko Bayerl  (Login mirkobayerl)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 81.231.250.244

.....why not post a Then & now from January 1945 happy.gif

This shows armour and SS greadiers from 3.SS.Pz.Division just at the northern entrance of the village Szomor in early January 1945. I have been able to make several Then & now Pictures from 3.SS in Jan 45 and the Photographer was a Hermann Grönert...actually those where some of my first T& N Picture I did...and I was hooked up.

This was a result and job of my research on the Konrad Operation in January 1945 by the IV.SS.Pz.Korps Gille. The operation which was a relief attack towards Budapest and open the encirclement. In all three attemps were done , but all failed with high costs on both side. The Soldiers inside Budapest was waiting for "Gille" , but for nothing. The Soldiers inside Budapest had finally to break out from the incirclement by own hand and only about 800 totally exhausted souls reached friendly lines after some Days and nights adventures. There are pictures in the german newsreel ( Wochenschau ) about them coming into friendly lines ) See here from 0:07 to 0:43 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl3PkUex7Wo

...the rest was slaughtered or was captured. The IV.SS Pz.Korps had to withdraw and build up a defence line in area of Stuhlweissenburg ( Szekesfehervar )

[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by mirkobayerl from IP address 81.231.250.244 on Jan 13, 2014 11:01 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Laszlo Gaal
(Login g.laca79)
Missing-Lynx members

More NOW-er

January 13 2014, 12:39 PM 

Hi Mirko!

Nice found!Here is a streetview shot how it looks like nowdays.
Your T&N just in time wink.gif

[linked image]

Please post more from January!

Cheers,Laszlo

bannersketch2.gif

This message has been edited by g.laca79 from IP address 188.6.8.104 on Jan 13, 2014 12:41 PM

Respond to this message   
George Caradimas
(Login gcaradimas)
Missing-Lynx members

Great shot!

January 13 2014, 1:26 PM 

Great shot Mirko, is there any chance of seeing a TK Panther close-up?!

Regards
George

Respond to this message   
Jerry Rutman
(Login jrutman53)
Missing-Lynx members

Another great pic for sure. Seeing pics like this that

January 13 2014, 4:14 PM 

I never saw before is like getting a nice Christmas present. Thanks Mirko.
J

Respond to this message   

ERIK ROBERSON
(Login panzervor)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanx for sharing MIRKO !! This ROX m/

January 13 2014, 4:49 PM 

Respond to this message   
Cesar Cardenas
(Login cace11)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Well..its January so...

January 14 2014, 1:57 AM 

Hi Mirko,

This Then and now complements very well you article on the Nordic Edge 1 book, and again thanks for sharing your research.

By the way Mirko check this video of the stug 4 that was restored in Polandhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYiogxh_QDo you can see it crossing a small trench, so maybe it could be useful for your panzer IV project.

Saludos y gracias,

Cesar Cardenas.

Respond to this message   
Richard Avezaat
(Login RichardAvezaat)
Missing-Lynx members

Nice one Mirko, thanks! n/t

January 14 2014, 7:26 AM 

n/t

Respond to this message   
Kent Brazeau
(Login Archon88)
Missing-Lynx members

Nice T&N.

January 14 2014, 9:53 AM 

its nice to see a very well known picture, from one very popular WSS Division, Totenkopf. I would love to see more from the Division in 1945, but only a handful of pictures are around during Hungary 1945, concerning this Division. I have noticed that the telephone pole? has been moved since after the war,but the ditch isnt very different, just more shallower now. I really have a fondness for the Stug IIIG with all the corn stalks on it in Szomor, i am going to make it.

I would love to get over to Hungary eventually to begin T&N aswell, particularly at Hegyikastley for a good beginning.

thanks alot.
Kent

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse