Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Interchangeability of Dragon and Ryefield Tiger I Parts

May 30 2017 at 3:50 AM
Lyle Kitchiner   (Login KitchinerLyle)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 1.132.97.23

Gday guys,

Would any one know if Dragon and Ryefield Tiger I Parts in particular the mantlets are interchangeable? I know some minor corrections will need to be made, just not sure if it worth while.

Thanks

Lyle

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Arild Moland
(Login astralscooter)
Missing-Lynx members

Indeed they are

May 30 2017, 4:18 AM 

I've recently combined Dragon and RFM parts to get a more accurate mantlet for my recent Tiger project.

As you can see in the picture, the inner part from Dragon (grey) fit the RMF mantlet (yellow) well with just a bit of sanding along its edges, as it is ever so slightly too large out of the box.

The gun tube collar seen in the picture, also from Dragon, fit the RFM part without modification.

SSH2d9NhtjuFafaFhoxMphEhwz2KFiglTyl8Fpkb

Now, before David B is having fits from me claiming to need an RFM mantlet to be more accurate, see the below image. The RFM mantlet is not 100% correct, but closer than the Dragon part. Now, Dragon provide a mantlet more or less identical to the RFM part in some of their recent Tiger kits, but I haven't made sure that I will not need them for those projects. The RFM mantlet is a spare in most of the RFM Tiger kits (of which I've got every one, but have yet to build one), so it is a safe "steal" from there.

pjWb-Wq2XLiB1JSOlfMSPgkSJKNyXcTTVu1lqLLL

I've also used Feifels and mantlet from RFM to upgrade a projects based on a Tamiya Tiger kit (which also partially received a Dragon set of road wheels).

Arild

Respond to this message   
Lyle Kitchiner
(Login KitchinerLyle)
Missing-Lynx members

Thank you Arild,

May 30 2017, 8:31 PM 

Mate thank you for the explanation and taking the time to post the pics, much appreciated.

Lyle

Respond to this message   

Christos Athanasiou
(Login zb00p)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Interchangeability of Dragon and Ryefield Tiger I Parts

June 1 2017, 1:16 AM 

Here's my response to your question:

17310260_647149658806650_198620673353833
hope this helps
Check out my page: CA Armour Models

Respond to this message