Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Zavod3D 3D printed parts - new pricing

June 2 2017 at 6:30 PM
Eelke Warrink  (Login EelkeWarrink)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 86.84.150.122

Hi guys,

Shapeways has restructured its pricing for their Frosted Ultra Detail and Frosted Extreme Detail plastics, in which I offer my models. As Shapeways predicted, this has caused some of the prices in my shop to rise, and others to drop.

The good news is, some of my most popular products are now considerably cheaper. For example, a set of early German tool clamps used to be $8.50, but I can now offer them for $6.25.

The (somewhat) bad news is that the prices of some other popular products have gone up, mainly because they have many loose parts. Loose parts in a model now cost $1 each to print (before, they didn't charge anything extra for this), so I'll have to redesign these products and put the parts onto one or two sprues maximum. But once I have done that, prices for these products will also be lower than before.

The problem is, I have zero time to do any 3D modelling right now, so until that time (probably in a couple of weeks) I have discontinued the items that have risen in price. I will do my best to get them back online - at a lower price - as soon as possible!

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/zavod3d

Cheers,

Eelke Warrink
Zavod3D

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Niels Henkemans
(Login jpz4)
Missing-Lynx members

Waiting is good Eelke

June 2 2017, 8:43 PM 

Shapeways will only release its orientation tool in the next few weeks. In many cases that will be the first moment you will actually know what the prices will be. It's all about support material and machine space.

The price changes are generally okay for smaller items, but some modules of my Hotchkiss H39 have gone up in price. Real bummer, even if it is only a relatively small percentage of the total price. Some designers are really hurt by the price changes, with models going up 400%.
Glad you came out okay.

ETS-BANNER.jpg~original

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse