Home > Discussion Groups > Axis

Message posting guidelines:

• Full real names must be used at all times.

• A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)

• Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

• Registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47207&messageid=1113822984

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.

By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.

Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sd.Kfz.7/1 Flak 180°mount Hungary 1945

June 7 2017 at 10:14 AM
Kay Seidel  (Login kayseidel)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 87.55.87.206

Hello all,

The following pic should show a half-track mounted Flak in Hungary 1945. If you look at distance
between the gun and the rear wall it's shorter than in regular one. Would it be possible to turn the gun 180° without any problem for the chassis ?

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John Lam
(Login 11552)
Missing-Lynx members

Like a top

June 8 2017, 5:25 PM 

okay you experten out there, correct me if I am wrong!! The gun is designed to provide 360 degree coverage as mounted on either the pedestal mount or tripod mount as shown in the second photo. First photo shows the side platform panels in the up position so they seem to be firing on the move at a ground target. Otherwise, normally, the panels are down as shown in second photo and the gun turns all the way around. Of course, gun elevation is limited only to banging into the cab and cab roof and lowest elevation you can set the gun to. HTH

Respond to this message   
Ad_Jansen
(Login Ad_Jansen)
Missing-Lynx members

I might be wrong

June 9 2017, 7:13 AM 

Sorry Kay,

I might be wrong and/or don't understand you question. Looking at the first picture the gun is turned 90 degrees and not 180. The soldier is leaning against the back panel (take a look at the stair). As you can see there is a cutout in bottom of the shield so the gun could rotate/firing 360 degrees freely without lowering the side panels.
Firing the gun in the direction of the driver is another question.

It looks to me that the gun is placed in the middle of the platform.

kind regards
Ad Jansen

Respond to this message   
Kay Seidel
(Login kayseidel)
Missing-Lynx members

Mount of the Flak platform

June 11 2017, 8:02 AM 

Hey,

I mean the mount of the Flak on the flatbed oft Sd.Kfz. - you know that the Flak 38 hat a three pod mount. Two short one an one long (in relation to the center of the flak).
In the second pic the long one pointed to the read of the vehicle which means the distance between the center of the gun in longer to the rear than to the cabin. In the first pic it looks twisted as the distance between the gun an the read of the vehicel is much shorter.

Kay

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse