Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

It only ends if we let it!

April 18 2005 at 1:02 PM
Hans Haase  (Login HHaase)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 68.194.149.33

Response to So much for Missing-Lynx

Like any other online forum, it is a community effort, where the moderators/owners are only one part of a greater equation. They have deemed it necessary to have manditory registration.... you play on their field, you play with their rules. I'll register, just like 90% of the other forums that I use. Many of them dwarf Missing Lynx in the pure content and number of posts in a given time period.

As long as we, the users, continue to contribute quality information and maintain the integrity and usefulness of the site, it will continue. While the picture issue is unfortunate, it's a necessary evil. Once I get my hard-drive fully recovered from a recent crash, I will be adding a catch-all statement on my website that will allow posting on websites like this... provided I get any useful content any time soon. (that reminds me, I need to take photos of that 57mm at the Marine Corps league down the street)

The simple fact is that it will die out if we let it, but it may also grow and thrive if we, as the contributors, decide to take that route instead.
Personally, I plan on continuing. This place has given too much to me, and I have to try and give something back.

-Hans

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse