Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Just my two pennyworth....

April 18 2005 at 2:58 PM
Steve Pannell  (no login)
from IP address 195.93.21.38

Response to Compulsory Registration on Discussion Groups

Facts:
(i) I am not a model builder
(ii) I really value missing-lynx because I am an avid researcher of aspects of the Normandy and other campaigns in N-W Europe (my father fought in Normandy, Antwerp, up to Nimegen, Battle of the Bulge etc etc as a Sherman tank driver in 8th Armoured Brigade and 11th Armoured Division )
(iii) I am keen to share information with others and already have a network54 account to allow me to do this
(iv) this has all proved to be of benefit to myself and, I believe, to others
(v) I have made friends with people off missing-lynx and even met up with at least one (Ulrich, you know who you are!), again, I believe, to mutual benefit

Comments:
First it was the (correct) comments about copyright (but please lets have a sense of proportion).

Second it is about registration.

What will be next?

What I do know is that every time an extra layer of 'rules' are applied it will lead to a dilution in the quality of missing-lynx. When it gets below 'critical mass' the forum will collapse for reasons that are obvious to all. This will no doubt please the lawyers who seem to have started all this because they will have solved the problem!!!

Moral: get rid of missing-lynx and then you will have no problems of copyright infringement etc etc etc etc etc. There will also be a far smaller market for books, models etc etc etc.

PS: I will 'watch and wait' and then act accordingly but I must echo Peter's comments in all of this

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse