Yes they could be either G3 or SCC2.January 11 2012 at 3:55 PM
|Tom Kaszas (Login Kaszas)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Response to Tamiya Ford Quad Gun Tractor colour?
According to "Blue Print for Victory" - CMPs were painted in British colours from the factory depending on where they were being shipped: Those destined for service in North West Europe were painted G3 and then later SCC2, those being shipped to the Mediterranean Theatre were painted Light Stone 61 (all colours British standard formulation).
The same book shows several photos of Ford production plants showing Cab 12 Quads and other vehicles (both complete and semiknocked down) lined up and ready for shipping - clear contrast between those that were Light Stone and those (including a majority of the Cab 12 Quads in the photo) that were some other darker colour.
|This message has been edited by Kaszas from IP address 126.96.36.199 on Jan 11, 2012 4:11 PM|
- Quads - Erik Jan Eskes on Jan 12, 2012, 1:34 AM
- Quads used during Market-Garden - You Tube film - Erik Jan Eskes on Jan 13, 2012, 3:58 AM
- Re: Quads used during Market-Garden - You Tube film - Geoffrey Baines on Jan 13, 2012, 5:15 AM
- Wrong Quad type - Erik Jan Eskes on Jan 13, 2012, 5:36 AM
- You could do it in the two tone green MTP 20 "wavy band" camo ... - Tom Kaszas on Jan 13, 2012, 11:27 AM
- Liberation - Spike Judd on Jan 13, 2012, 6:46 AM
- Market Garden film - Erik Jan Eskes on Jan 13, 2012, 7:11 AM