Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Sherman hatch padding, what colour?

January 24 2012 at 10:13 AM
Erik Liljegren  (Login eliljegren)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 46.194.54.51

Hi all,
What colour was the padding on the inside of Sherman hatches?
(Or any US-manufactured AFV for that matter.)

I've seen black, reddish brown and lighter green on models and my references don't give a clear answer either. I found older posts here from May 2007 that said they were reddish brown and February 2004 that said they were black and/or green. Primeportal gives no clues.

I usually paint mine reddish brown. Was there one colour or many? If so, is the colour associated with early/late production or the material of the padding? As a hypothetical example, an M4A1 produced in 1943 had reddish brown leather pads and an M4A3E8 produced in 1945 had black fake-leather pads.

Erik L

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I believe... - Jesse Naughton on Jan 24, 2012, 10:20 AM
  3. My Opinion - Rob Ervin on Jan 24, 2012, 10:56 AM
    1. Black....n/t - Ken Daigle on Jan 24, 2012, 11:50 AM

4. Thanks! - Erik Liljegren on Jan 25, 2012, 5:13 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse