Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Thanks Chris and Mike

February 22 2012 at 10:56 AM
Ryan Davies  (Login RDavies)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 99.251.85.22

Response to Features

Your input is helpful. From every book and source I've read on the topic of British camouflage colours they likely should be the khaki brown. On the other hand, every book I have on Churchill tanks has them illustrated in green. The only brown Churchills depicted are those serving with training units in the UK. I was wondring if there was some special rule for Churchills even though it doesn't make sense. Now that I think of it, 1st army Crusaders are always shown as being painted in some shade of green, but should likely be brown. Perhaps there was an order to repaint equipment heading to Tunisia green? That would seem like a lot of extra effort to throw into an already complex operation.

To add to my confusion is a series of colour shots that I've seen labelled as Churchills in Tunisia, but the same shots are also labelled in other sources as being in Italy. Ahhhhh! OR, there are colour pictures, but the colour is so old and crappy it's too hard to make a definitive call. I have seen a colour photo of a green Crusader III which is labelled as being in Tunisia, but who knows where it was really shot? This guy's definitely a darker green colour:

[linked image]

I still think I'm going to go with Khaki Brown unless someone has some kind of contrary proof.

Thanks again!

Ryan

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. That is North Africa - Chris Meddings on Feb 22, 11:54 AM
    1. Not Liverpool? - Ryan on Feb 22, 3:39 PM

2. Re: Thanks Chris and Mike - Mark Mackenzie on Feb 22, 1:23 PM
    1. I like that! - Ryan on Feb 22, 3:45 PM
      1. More photos - Mark Mackenzie on Feb 24, 3:42 PM
        1. Pretty poor camouflage practice - Graham Boak on Feb 25, 8:00 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse