M3 Medium 1942 refit?March 3 2012 at 4:38 PM
|stephen brezinski (Login stephenbrezinski)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
I been thinking of doing an M3 Lee. I hope someone can help me with a photo or information please.
I recently saw a line sketch in a reference book of an M3 Lee with the heavy duty VVSS suspension, with the trailing return roller and the track skid, titled 1942 refit or something close (unfortunately I don't have the book with me right now). Except for a post war M31 ARV I have not been able to find a wartime photo of an M3, or an M31 or M33 prime mover upgraded with the later VVSS bogies.
Anyone help here? It'd make a cool model but I would like at least to be somewhat historically accurate.
Thanks in advance.
- Suspension - Jim Dodson on Mar 3, 2012, 4:50 PM
- Photos - Erik Ahlström on Mar 3, 2012, 5:27 PM
- Late production M3A4s and Australians - Grant Matsuoka on Mar 3, 2012, 6:42 PM
- HVSSThe Command Tank was from 6 South African Div. NT - Spike Judd on Mar 4, 2012, 6:03 PM
- Not HVSS, but VVSS. - Gary Owsley on Mar 4, 2012, 6:19 PM
- That is no 37mm in the turret - Filipe Cunha on Mar 5, 2012, 2:53 AM
- Great photo and question - stephen brezinski on Mar 5, 2012, 10:55 AM
- Re: HVSS The Command Tank was from 6 South African Div. NT - Spike Judd on Mar 7, 2012, 6:25 AM
- Re: HVSSThe Command Tank was from 6 South African Div. NT - Spike Judd on Mar 7, 2012, 6:28 AM
- Heavy duty VVSS on M3 Lee's - Georg Eyerman on Mar 3, 2012, 11:25 PM
- Thanks - stephenbrezinski on Mar 4, 2012, 7:05 AM
- Thanks everyone - stephenbrezinski on Mar 4, 2012, 7:06 AM