Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

M3 Medium 1942 refit?

March 3 2012 at 4:38 PM
  (Login stephenbrezinski)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 76.23.192.255

Greetings,

I been thinking of doing an M3 Lee. I hope someone can help me with a photo or information please.

I recently saw a line sketch in a reference book of an M3 Lee with the heavy duty VVSS suspension, with the trailing return roller and the track skid, titled 1942 refit or something close (unfortunately I don't have the book with me right now). Except for a post war M31 ARV I have not been able to find a wartime photo of an M3, or an M31 or M33 prime mover upgraded with the later VVSS bogies.

Anyone help here? It'd make a cool model but I would like at least to be somewhat historically accurate.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Suspension - Jim Dodson on Mar 3, 4:50 PM
    1. Photos - Erik Ahlström on Mar 3, 5:27 PM
      1. Late production M3A4s and Australians - Grant Matsuoka on Mar 3, 6:42 PM
      2. HVSSThe Command Tank was from 6 South African Div. NT - Spike Judd on Mar 4, 6:03 PM
        1. Not HVSS, but VVSS. - Gary Owsley on Mar 4, 6:19 PM
          1. That is no 37mm in the turret - Filipe Cunha on Mar 5, 2:53 AM
            1. Great photo and question - stephen brezinski on Mar 5, 10:55 AM
        2. Re: HVSS The Command Tank was from 6 South African Div. NT - Spike Judd on Mar 7, 6:25 AM
        3. Re: HVSSThe Command Tank was from 6 South African Div. NT - Spike Judd on Mar 7, 6:28 AM

2. Heavy duty VVSS on M3 Lee's - Georg Eyerman on Mar 3, 11:25 PM
    1. Thanks - stephenbrezinski on Mar 4, 7:05 AM

3. Thanks everyone - stephenbrezinski on Mar 4, 7:06 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse