Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Help identifying Sherman

May 2 2012 at 5:17 AM
Andreas Grewin  (Login anachron)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 195.178.184.50

I found this Sherman in a book I bought at the Moson Show. And I plan on building this Sherman using the Tasca M4A3(76)w. But I would love to get some help on identifying the Sherman and also help with identifying all the pieces applied to the tank.

The image caption reads: "US 8th Armoured division Shermans pause at Bergerhausen, Germany. "

So my questions are:

1. Witch markings should I use?
2. Is it wooden plankings applied with bolts to the tower?
3. Have they salvaged plating from a German tank with camouflage intact for the side armour? And how would the have fasten it, because it dousent look welded on?
4. Is it Growlers hanging in front of the sandbags, are there any manufacturer of these in 1/35th scale?

Thanks a lot. No copyright infringement intended.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. MilMod Vol 40 #11 - Steve Zaloga on May 2, 2012, 6:29 AM
    1. Thank you Steve! - Andreas Grewin on May 2, 2012, 10:12 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse