Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

M-16 Haltrack Ammo Chest Stenciling?

June 15 2012 at 4:29 PM
  (Login terrybarrett)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 69.134.3.90

Hello,

I'm currently building Dragon's kit with the Griffon upgrade (5 months and counting...talk about small parts!) The decal sheet includes yellow and white stenciling for the M2 Ammunition Chests. I think this would look really cool on the model, but I can't find a single period photo that shows them, and I've found quite a few that show none. I've searched this site, googled, and looked at the Squadron, Osprey and Hunnicitt books. The only stenciled chests I've seen are on recent, restored vehicles. I also noticed Steve Zaloga's build doesn't have the stencils.

As I mentioned, I'd love to add them if they could be accurate. Anyone have any pics, and if so, would yellow or white be more likely correct? I have the Archer Transfers stencil set and it only includes yellow.

Thanks for any help!

Terry Barrett
Raleigh, NC

PS - If anyone is interested the build log is over on Armorama, I prefer this site, but a full step by step log didn't seem to fit any of the forums here!

http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=187081#1564659

Mods, feel free to remove the link if this isn't kosher to post on ML!

This message has been edited by terrybarrett from IP address 69.134.3.90 on Jun 15, 2012 4:43 PM
This message has been edited by terrybarrett from IP address 69.134.3.90 on Jun 15, 2012 4:39 PM
This message has been edited by terrybarrett from IP address 69.134.3.90 on Jun 15, 2012 4:39 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Hard to make out - James Guld on Jun 15, 5:23 PM
  3. Wow - what an M16 build up ! Fab PE work ! - Andrew Tomlinson on Jun 15, 5:39 PM
  5. All three are correct - Ken Abrams on Jun 15, 7:28 PM
    1. Thanks! - Terry Barrett on Jun 15, 8:20 PM
      1. looked at your build the other day - jamie sumner on Jun 15, 10:01 PM
        1. Thanks - Terry Barrett on Jun 16, 9:12 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse