Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

Return to Index  

Trumpeter 1/16 T-34/85 1944 factory 183

June 21 2012 at 7:40 PM
  (Login frogman13)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 76.26.33.27

Hi Guys,

I have a project in mind to convert the 1/16 T-34/85 into a Czech post war version. Eventually the plan is to make this model into a Syrian 6-day war tank (see the pic)
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

I know about most of the add-on mods that I'll need to fix ie: infantry call button on left rear fender, scalloped exhaust guards, cable rack on left side hull and maybe a couple of things that are type specific to this tank like the Syrian AA gun mount for the dshk 12.7mm. I think the hairiest part of this conversion will be "redesigning" the turret to the Czech style. I gave up drinking alcohol a few years ago and I'm abit apprehensive about whacking the turret on this beast without some prior discussion (in the old days my courage would have been enhanced by a few beers). I have a Czech turret in 35th scale to use as an example, but can anybody tell me if there is something I'm not seeing, like some insurmountable issue with this version of T-34 that would prevent this conversion.
Anybody's input would be appreciated. Gary..be nice.

Rgds,
Ed Okun
frogman13

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Out of curiousity... - Brian Colburn on Jun 22, 3:31 AM
    1. Czech turret by CMD - Ed Okun on Jun 22, 7:40 AM

2. Factory 174? - Danny Egan on Jun 22, 7:10 AM
  4. Wheels - Jeff Hamblen on Jun 23, 4:30 AM
    1. Post war dished wheels? - Brian Colburn on Jun 23, 7:50 PM
    2. Trump t-34/76 has dished wheels - Ed Okun on Jun 23, 8:28 PM
      1. Hooben 1/16 Dshk 12.7 gun - Ed Okun on Jun 23, 8:52 PM