Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions
of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased,
and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination
of the violator's account.
It's Christmas....and time for our annual Wish List !
December 12 2011 at 12:33 AM
(Login waynekil) Missing-Lynx members from IP address 184.108.40.206
The irritatingly cheerful Wayne here again. Merry Christmas to one and all!!
We haven't had a poll here for a looooong time. And yes, we've been pretty doggone lucky these past couple of years, haven't we?
But it's almost traditional here on the Allied DG. So let's have some fun with it (oh boy!).
Needless to say, I've got a few dream-kits. So I'll start the ball rolling...
1.A new Bren Gun Carrier.
3.A short wheel based CCKW to tow our new 105's and 40mm Bofor's!
4.An M5 gun tractor to tow our new 155mm howitzers.
5.An M20 Diamond T combination tank transporter for all our new British and Russian armour.
6.A water-cooled 50cal AA gun.
7.Humber MkIII light reconnaissance car.
I'm sure there's a few that I forgot....
Wayne (already putting up his Christmas lights) Killeen
(Login mikegrieve) Missing-Lynx members 220.127.116.11
I've not previously contributed to one of these lists, but I'd like to have a go...
December 12 2011, 1:46 AM
Nice idea, Wayne - a good start to the festive season!
Being a Matilda obsessive, I'll start with a couple of aftermarket Matilda things I'd reeeally like to see in the coming year:
- the different variations of mantlet (I have actually tried doing these myself, but have failed miserably thus far);
- the big stowage sack that can often be seen hanging from the back end of Matildas in the desert;
- the rack for the small "flimsies" tins (the etch Tigermodels one is quite nice, but I find I'm really struggling with it. A resin rack might possibly work);
- empty POL tin panniers, which can have tins added if needed; and
- the variation of track having welded-on "overshoes" (used prior to the more well-known "spudded" track)
I agree with your suggestions of new carrier, Sexton and Diamond T kits. I'd also like to suggest (in injection plastic form):
- A9 and A10 cruisers
- Daimler armoured car
- a host of AEC variants (Matador, armoured cars etc)
- Tasca to release a welded hood M4A2
- a conversion for the Tasca M4A4 to create DD tanks
- various Churchill AVRE fittings (bridge, bobbin etc)
- an early Crocodile trailer
- AFV Club to release M3 Stuarts (tho I'm happy they're busy with Churchills, LVTs and Valentines!)
- Morris FAT
There are probably more I can't immediately think of, but that'll do for now
And, finally, decals - I'd like to see more decals of Canadian AFVs for Italy and NW Europe. While there are some good generic AoS and formation sign sets out there, I'd like a few sets depicting specific vehicles, along the lines of decal sheets produced by Echelon and Bison. I'd also like to see nice decals for New Zealand Valentines and more British LVTs (in particular a few LVT-2s)
to see a Morris Quad. An A30 Challenger,(I have SKP's offering), An M5/9 Halftrack, Daimler armoured car and a new Crusader. You chaps have covered everything else. Oh how about a new 6 pounder and Lloyd carrier to tow it!
A lot of great kits have appeared in the last couple years, many unexpected. There is still room however, so let's go;
1) An M18 "Hellcat" that actually looks like an M18. Two efforts so far with many citicisms of the hull form. THere are DOZENS ofthe real thing out there, but we don't have a really GOOD M18. C'mon guys, this thing can be achieved!
2) For Miniart to actually produce the US tank crew sets that have been announced
3) An M10 with the hull and turret that stand up to the reviewers!
4) An M5-series High Speed Tractor to tow the new 155mm howitzer
5) For Dragon to produce long-announced kit #7272, the 1/72nd scale M4A3E2
6) Some resin US heads with M1 helmets in 1/72nd scale. There are many decent US figures in 1/72nd, but all too often the helmet has wrong profiles or the face has a big seam of soft plastic. A series of nice resin heads (ala Hornet) would help out.
7) A nice plastic 57mm AT gun M1-series.
8) Good 1/35th resin wheels/tires for the US 155mm howitzer and the US 105mm howitzer.
9) 90mm AAA gun - too common to be ignored forever (I hope)
That's about it for now. Merry Christmas to all!
This message has been edited by gary.binder from IP address 18.104.22.168 on Dec 12, 2011 3:21 PM
1) for Tasca to do an AMC Somua S35
2) Dragon doing a completely revamped AMD 178 Panhard (although I could live with Masterbox finally putting it out there)
3) an accurate Hotchkiss H38 (one that does not have dimensional issues with the hull and suspension
4) a new Renault R35
5) a SU-122 by Dragon
6) for Tasca to do an M10c Achilles
7) for Tasca to do an M18 Hellcat (with these two they could do the entire M36 series as well)
8) Tamiya to revamp their Char B1 bis (add all those bulletproof hexagonal bolts on the sponson top runs, improve the antenna pod, etc.)
9) for Tasca to do a M4A4 DD
10) A new OQF 6pdr that doesn`t cost 54 euros.
11) Dragon to do a Sexton SPG
some of the non-allied stuff
12) A decent book entirely devoted to the Sd.Kfz. 234/2, including combat history and markings
13) a new-tool MT-LB
14) a new-tool 2S1 Gvozdika
15) a new-tool T-80 UD
(Login robervin) Missing-Lynx members 22.214.171.124
December 12 2011, 10:49 AM
I love lists! Find them hard to stay away from. So here's mine with a bunch of repeats from other peoples.
A New Bren/Universal carrier, too important not to have a new modern kit.
6pdr/57mm guns, I will need one to go behind my new Universal Carrier
Damiler A/C, just because I want one!
M18 Hellcat, the AFV Club isn't too bad, but it's not very good either
With all the Civilian/staff cars coming out for the dark side modelers, we could use a few on the Allied side, American and British. The Tamiya 48th scale Ford staff car would make a great 1/35th scale kit, and so would a CMP Woody Station wagon with the same front cap. An Austin Sedan based on the Tilly Chassis would be cool too.
And one for the dark side
Italian M11/39 I have the beautiful Brach resin kit, but this has to be my favorite tank that there is not a main stream injection molded kit of! There were rumors last year of a new Italian company doing one, no word on this in almost a year.
I'd take a pile of WWI kits also and a Tamiya FT-17 is a dream I have from time to time!
1. LVT-3 (with parts for a -3C
3. M29C Weasel
4. US 37mm Anti Tank Gun, Injection molded kit
5. US 57mm Anti Tank Dun, Along with both regular and airborne versions ofhte 6 pounder in up to date injection molded kits.
(Login Bullbasket) Missing-Lynx members 126.96.36.199
Re: It's Christmas....and time for our annual Wish List !
December 12 2011, 12:37 PM
If Santa REALLY exists, and reads this, I'd like the following please;
3.New mould Crusader (1/11 & 111).
4.DD Sherman & Valentine.
All in styrene please, with etch and where applicable, aluminium barrels. Yeah, I know, my wife says the same...."you don't want much, do you?"
PS. I know it's not WW2, but could I have a Bedford RL as well please seeing as I spent nearly six years driving one.
240mm Howitzer kit with travel option (if we can get the Morser 210/170 on the other side why not this great gun)
90mm AA gun - found in all theaters, with the late model mount
3.7 AA gun - the British 88
7.2 howitzer - with those great big ramps
A Dragon "smart" kit for the 57mm/6 pounder to make any mark of the basic gun.
4.5" mortar with Army or Marine Crew
British 9.2" Railgun
Little David (something else to drag behind the M26 cab)
M6 US heavy tank
T92 Howitzer Motor carriage
M32 Tank Retriever with a correct hull and running gear
M31 Tank Retriever
We've had every blasted German vehicle, even those that weren't more than a sketch on a paper napkin. Time for more allied vehicles.
M5 / M9 half track series
Sexton - early and late
Lloyd and Windsor carriers
Bedford trucks - various
Chevrolet C15 Armoured Truck
Austin K2 ambulance
NB - We don't have enough ambulances of all types...
So add some medical troops too !
And more civilians in plastic.
Happy 'Modelling' Christmas to all.
This message has been edited by AndrewTomlinson2 from IP address 188.8.131.52 on Dec 12, 2011 5:02 PM This message has been edited by AndrewTomlinson2 from IP address 184.108.40.206 on Dec 12, 2011 5:02 PM
I am of the believe that it is not possible to have too many German odd-ball, one-offs and limited-use designs. But I would also love to see some of the various modifications that the Germans did on French and English chassis....which obviously would require the there be new issues of French and British vehicles. For instance, I would like to see the conversions the were among "Becker's Funnies" at Normandy...and the French carriers and British light tanks that they were based on.
I also want TREADS. Treads of the proper width for the VK 4501 (Italieri)...the ones used as prototypes and trainers, not just the single version to see combat as done by DML. And I want better tread options for a whole slew of vehicles...Allied and Axis.
David Bourland (Login DavidBourland) Missing-Lynx members 220.127.116.11
My wish list
December 12 2011, 8:14 PM
3. DD Sherman
4. US Bulldozer
5. IJA 47mm AT gun
6. US Staff Car (we have it in 48th and 72nd)
7. Any USSR AA guns, the 37mm or the 85mm
8. I would like Italeri to convert their 72nd scale heave italian guns to 35th scale.
9. T28E1 CGMC (the US M3 halftrack with the 37mm AA gun flanked by 50 call MGs)
10. Two Allied POW figure sets. One standing around and bored to death and one digging their way out.
And, let me give thanks for all the kits that have come off this list.
(Login alexbissett) Missing-Lynx members 18.104.22.168
I hope the manufacturers watch these lists...
December 12 2011, 8:27 PM
I have to say here here to just about everything mentioned here! I see alot of commonality in these lists, lets hope thr manufacturers are listening! BTW my list is in the General forum, and its pretty close to most of those here!
I do not put anything up for these lists, I don't know why, it's kind of fun to see what everyone is wishing for. Here's my short list:
US T28 Heavy
US T30 Heavy
M4E9 tracks in vinyl
M31 (T2) tank retriever
Re: I wish the rip off importers would realise their prices are ridiculous!!
December 13 2011, 4:40 AM
Actually, I don't buy nearly so much from abroad as I used to. Maybe three of four kits this year?
It just seems that the bargains in the far east webstores aren't as good as they used to be for me, and when you add on the shipping, it only saves 3 or £4. And for that kind of saving I'd rather toddle down to my local model shop and fondle boxes to decide what I want (plus of course when I import a kit I run teh risk of customs and Royal Mail/Parcelforce slapping on the charges which has made a couple of kits 20% more than UK prices by the time I've got them)
(Login robervin) Missing-Lynx members 22.214.171.124
Dragon Lee for Roy
December 13 2011, 12:47 PM
Don't you imagine that in order to make the M3 Lee molds pay off we'll see a Lend-Lease Russian kit, a Buete Panzer, a CDL, a Burma Lee, One in British Markings in the desert, and possibly an M31 ARV? Maybe even a cast-hull!!
I'd buy one of each, except for the Buete Panzer!!
(Login Albowie) Missing-Lynx members 126.96.36.199
Gets shorter every year
December 13 2011, 4:42 PM
Daimler Armoured Car (Come on Miniart or bronco, what's keeping you?)
6 Pdr - M1 57mm Family (I would prefer DML or Miniart and NOT the complexity of Bronco) with Crews
Sexton SPG Mk 1 & 2 (Anyone)
Tasca M4 Family
Renault Ft 17 (Tamiya)
Churchill Bridgelayer (AFV Club)
CHurchill Mk 1/11 (AFV Club)
Bedford QL Series (IBG)
Ford 15 and 30 CWT family (IBG)
Centurion Mk 1 (Hey, if the axis guys can have Paner 46 stuff)
Treadway Bridge set with Pontoons (Bronco)
Regardless this has been a great year for the Allied Modeller and I look forward to the wonders that 2012 may bring
(Login MKarnowka) Missing-Lynx members 188.8.131.52
For Tamiya to step up their game
December 13 2011, 4:49 PM
I like the direction Tamiya have embarked upon in the last few years, making kits of neglected subjects with ease of assembly, not to mention previously unkitted (or poorly kitted subjects that warrant redos...)
Why not continue the early war theme with a new tooled 7TP (hey, I can dream...) and then leap into the T-26 series. Do it in 1/48 first if you like, and then as with the Citroen offer a 1/35 kit. I also would like a Tamiya quality FT-17 even though I have two of the resin NKC kits. A TK/TKS tankette kit would be great as well.
david hilborn (Login hilborn) Missing-Lynx members 184.108.40.206
I'm still waiting...
December 13 2011, 10:43 PM
LVT-4 Flametrack like the one used on Peleliu (AFV club could do this)
LVT(A)-4 (to replace the terrible Italeri kit)
57mm AT gun
37mm AT gun
75mm HMC T30 halftrack (the one with the 75mm howitzer)
T28E1 CGMC halftrack (the one with the 37mm and M2 machine guns)
Matilda FROG flametank
Australian infantry (Pacific)
US Army infantry (Pacific)
Brian Crowley (Login FirstMass) Missing-Lynx members 220.127.116.11
Twin 40mm Bofors Naval Mount
December 26 2011, 1:11 PM
I know it's not the traditional armor that we discuss here every day, but I'd love to see a 1/35 scale shipboard mounting of a twin 40mm Bofors. I saw a 1/35 scratch built version 15-20 years ago in a magazine that was amazing and have longed for one ever since.