Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Applique armor on M4A3E2 Jumbo?

December 22 2011 at 2:26 AM
Christian Pålsson  (Login ChristianPaalsson)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 62.242.41.24

Hey guys,
I'm gathering info for my current build - a Tasca M4A3E2 with Modelkasten tracks. In particular I'm looking into possible extras happy.gif which leads me to a couple of questions:
1) Was applique armor ever used on M4A3E2's (maybe as a field mod)?
2) Which aftermarket barrels are currently the best for Shermans (75mm/76mm)?
Best regards and Merry Christmas to all you experts happy.gif
SHERMANS RULE!
Christian

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Michael Maniero
(Login mmaniero)
Missing-Lynx members

Jumbo Barrels

December 22 2011, 8:17 AM 

Jordi Rubio is always the best aftermarket bet. While i do not have a lot of references (but I do have Armored Thunderbolt and Hunnicut), I have never seen any additional armor, certainly not sandbags on E2s. One would imagine that any additional metal would kill the tranny and/or the suspension. HTH. have a great Christmas.

Respond to this message   
gary binder
(Login gary.binder)
Missing-Lynx members

no applique...

December 22 2011, 8:30 AM 

certainly not the classic system of two "patches" on the right and one on the left, because they wouldn't protect anything in particular like they would on a "dry stowage" hull (the ammo racks were moved in the late hulls).

Respond to this message   
Rob Ervin
(Login robervin)
Missing-Lynx members

M4A3E2s with Sand Bag Armor

December 22 2011, 8:34 AM 

Christian,

There is a thread a short way down the page with three pictures of Jumbos with sand bag armor. Doesn't seem like a wise addition due to the weight but the pictures don't lie.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47208/thread/1324424693/Battle+of+the+Bulge+OD-mud+versus+Whitewash

I would suggest the Lionmarc 75mm barrels that are designed specifically for the Tasca kits. I used these for years in my Formations kits and have found them to be excellent along with the company's service. The number you will need is LM10022

Hope this helps, and Merry Christmas,
Rob

This message has been edited by robervin from IP address 184.41.91.28 on Dec 22, 2011 8:34 AM

Respond to this message   
karl van sweden
(Login traxontracks)
Missing-Lynx members

LionMarc for me too

December 22 2011, 9:20 AM 

I prefer them to any of the others and as said they are made to fit Tasca kits. 76mm minus flash suppressor too. Karl.

Respond to this message   
Ken Lawrence
(Login KenLawrence)
Missing-Lynx members

Gun barrels for Tasca kits

December 23 2011, 11:40 AM 

We had ABER do a special run of 75 and 76mm gun barrels for the Tasca Shermans. You can see them on our web-site at: www.pacmodels.com.

AB 35 L-135 75mm
AB 35 L-136 76mm without muzzle brake
AB 35 L-137 76mm with muzzle brake.

All are in now in stock. Thanks and

Merry Christmas,

Ken Lawrence
Pacific Coast Models, Inc.

Respond to this message   
Christian PÃ¥lsson
(Login ChristianPaalsson)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks everyone :)

December 26 2011, 1:00 PM 

Hey guys,
Thank you for all the info. I really appreciate it!
Merry Christmas and happy New Year,
Christian

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse