Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New Trumpeter SU-152 details now on website

April 7 2012 at 4:52 AM
  (Login abwillis)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 86.146.158.194

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/a/en/product/armor/1_35_Series/2012/0407/2104.html
Looks good and seems to cover late features, two ventilators as seperate parts not moulded on and both exaust options, turned barrel but with plastic muzzle brake.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login mrneil1964)
Missing-Lynx members

Trumpeter SU-152

April 7 2012, 6:43 AM 

Yeah, looks very nice. They've given us the right split-link tracks, and including both exhaust options and separate ventilators means you can do a pre-August 1943 version as well as the post-August version with the ventilators, or a fall/winter 1943 production example with the armored exhausts.

The barrel and muzzle brake look good, but I think I'll probably still use the Aber barrel...that brass muzzle brake is gorgeous.

Neil

Respond to this message   
Benjamin de Groot
(Login benjamin_de_groot)
Missing-Lynx members

looks good, but that boxart...

April 7 2012, 10:41 AM 

...someone could have told the artist that there is a difference between the SU-152 and the ISU-152

History is Cynical

Respond to this message   

(Login stevieneon)
Missing-Lynx members

I'm confused.....

April 7 2012, 2:32 PM 

I thought Trumpeter were bringing out an early and Bronco were bringing out a late? Stevie.

Respond to this message   

(Login mrneil1964)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: I'm confused.....

April 7 2012, 5:52 PM 

Stevie, that was what they told us. Judging from the sprue shots however, you can build an SU-152 from pretty much any production period from the Trumpeter kit. The main variations were the addition of the roof ventilators in August 1943, and the armored exhausts in September. There are a couple different types of road wheels evident in photos, but those weren't tied to a particular production period.

I haven't seen the Bronco kit so I can't comment yet.

Cheers,

Neil

Respond to this message   

(Login stevieneon)
Missing-Lynx members

Great.....

April 8 2012, 4:13 PM 

that explains it. Hoping they have some for sale at Perth model show on 28th. This is a must have kit. Stevie.

Respond to this message   

(Login djnick66)
Missing-Lynx members

the Bronco kit has an interior and engine

April 8 2012, 8:22 PM 

Is going to be hard to beat. Details posted on Track Link

http://www.track-link.net/forum/news_industry/23581

Respond to this message   

(Login mrneil1964)
Missing-Lynx members

Looks very very nice!

April 8 2012, 10:24 PM 

n/t

Respond to this message   

(Login ChazSpaulding)
Missing-Lynx members

Heavy!

April 9 2012, 2:20 AM 

That will help so much in the building of a thoroughly destroyed monster. I wonder where all this info was when all of us were crying out for decent interior photos and plans? A truly evil looking and brutal beast much like Sauron's creatures would have made.

Chaz

Respond to this message   

(Login veezerboy)
Missing-Lynx members

When is the bronco kit out?? nt

April 10 2012, 12:32 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

(Login franzwidl)
Missing-Lynx members

Correct track type ???

April 10 2012, 6:40 AM 

Hi,
from the very few pictures i have seen so far, to me the tracks look like being the older and WIDER Omsh type and not the narrow type introduced with the KV-1S hull/running gear and COMMONLY USED also on the SU-152 and KV-85.

Any info on that from somebody having better eyes ??

Best Regards, Franz

PS :
Which brings up a second question :
Was the narrow track type as used on the KV-1S based machines the same as used with the IS based chassis ???
At least for the time frame of WWII.
(just asking for necessary replacement)

Respond to this message   

(Login rob.f)
Missing-Lynx members

great news..

April 11 2012, 9:02 AM 

But the Bronco offering is what I'll get because of the added interior. Figures too, I was gathering pics and drawings to scratch the interior. Will make for a perfect wreck. Made my day.

Rob

www.scratchmod.com
The Art of Destruction

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - New Trumpeter SU-152 details now on website
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse