Home > Discussion Groups > Allied

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.

From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47208&messageid=1113823018

Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Churchill BARV info wanted

June 13 2012 at 12:02 AM
Chris Meddings  (Login ChrisDM)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 218.186.9.228

Hi Guys

I have one (very small and blurry) picture in a book somewhere of the ill-starred Churchill BARV. According to the caption it was trialled and a few built but was shelved in preference for the Sherman BARV due to its higher profile (handy when you're half underwater no doubt!)

But I'd like to build a Churchill BARV, maybe even kit it; does anyone have any info on this rare version?

Thanks

Chris

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
mp robinson
(Login m1e2r3l4i5n6)
Missing-Lynx members

ampersand

June 13 2012, 5:40 AM 

P.87 of the David Doyle Ampersand title Vol 2 on the Churchill tank (ISBN 978-0-9773781-2-8)has a clear side shot, what a strange looking beast too!

mp robinson

Respond to this message   
Chris Meddings
(Login ChrisDM)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks! Anyone else?

June 14 2012, 3:36 AM 

Thanks Merlin, that one is already on my wish list

But one view whilst valuable, will not alone get this one build, does any one else have anything?

Chris

Respond to this message   
Bill Scriven
(Login billscriven)
Missing-Lynx members

Churchill BARV

June 15 2012, 10:36 AM 

There is a photo of one towing a Universal Carrier ashore during a pre-Overlord exercise in Tanks Illustrated 25 - The Churchill Tank by Chris Ellis. I suspect that it is the one that you remember - it is very indistinct and shows little in teh way of useful detail.

Respond to this message   
Chris Meddings
(Login ChrisDM)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Bill

June 15 2012, 9:54 PM 

A visit to the Tank Museum Archive is probably called for. Which is a shame as I used to live 2 hours away. Its a bt further now....

Chris

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse