Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Learned something!

October 1 2011 at 1:02 AM
C Sherman  (Select Login CSherman)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 214.13.40.48

Response to Charles pretty much covered it, one more bit of info...

Hi,

"This is true of modern times, post-Vietnam. At the time of the movie, '64, notifications were still by telegrams. LTC (later GEN) Moore's wife was instrumental in the push to have the notification system changed to what we know today which consists of a notification team of an officer and a chaplain to make personal notification of the next of kin, be they wife, mother, father, etc."

For some reason I thought that the telegrams went away earlier than that, but now I know.  You learn something every day, eh?  I also didn't know that GEN Moore was involved in other important changes in our military...not that he wouldn't be, but I never really knew.

Cheers!

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse