Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Still Confused About Some T-72 Turrets

July 3 2012 at 5:51 AM
  (Login andrewmacrae)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 129.215.76.77

Hi All,

I should first state that I want to build an East German ,NVA vehicle

I have the Tamiya 1/35 kit which I'm advised represents the T-72M Übergangsversion produced by Poland in small numbers for the NVA, basically a T-72M turret on a T-72M1 hull?. Now am I correct in thinking that even for this version the turret is not the correct shape and is too rounded and really needs the sides extended and a sharper "bend" between the front armour and the sides? Not the best explanation but I hope people will understand. Are there any walkarounds on the internet that are definitely the T-72M Übergangsversion?

I also have the JS Models T-72M1 turret and what I cant figure out is how this differs from the T-72M turret (other than the modifications mentioned above)?

Also if I put the JS Turret on the Tamiya kit will I have a T-72M1 as used by NVA?

I'll post this on the German Language Forum also when I get my mum to translate it for me.

Thanks for any replies.
Regards,
Andy

This message has been edited by andrewmacrae from IP address 129.215.76.77 on Jul 3, 2012 6:03 AM
This message has been edited by andrewmacrae from IP address 129.215.76.77 on Jul 3, 2012 5:52 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. East German T-72's - Scott Dimmick on Jul 3, 10:00 AM
    1. Thanks, most useful. n/t - Andy Macrae on Jul 4, 6:04 PM

2. Useful link.. - Rob Harvey on Jul 3, 11:38 AM
    1. Thanks, that does clear things up. n/t - Andy Macrae on Jul 4, 6:05 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse