Idf Sherman experts... Question on composit m50 engine deckJuly 22 2012 at 11:12 AM
|Aaron Smischney (Login atxranchhand)|
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Looking through my spares I thought it would be fun to cobble together a frankenstein composit Sherman with 3 piece transmission. I have what looks like everything I need.
One area of question for me is the engine deck, if I am making an m50 do i leave the m4 style deck on it or use something like the tank workshop m50 engine deck conversion?
I have the lion and lioness of the line books that have pictures of a composit 3piece transmission m50 but t doesn't show the engine deck.
Would all shermans that got the new turret also been converted to the diesel engine/new deck?
Also is it appropriate to paint it olive drab (with lots of dust and stuff)
I want it to be early...
Thanks for any and all help!
|This message has been edited by atxranchhand from IP address 18.104.22.168 on Jul 22, 2012 11:13 AM|
- Either deck is appropriate; depends on when - Greg Buechler on Jul 22, 2012, 11:41 AM
- Yes/No - Beau Minnick on Jul 22, 2012, 1:14 PM
- Really? I stand corrected - Greg Buechler on Jul 22, 2012, 1:39 PM
- Re: Yes/No - Aaron Smischney on Jul 22, 2012, 1:42 PM
- More than one 3-pc - Tom Gannon on Jul 22, 2012, 5:14 PM
- Which issue?? I have most of them and can scan that pic - Ed Okun on Jul 23, 2012, 1:07 PM
- Born in Battle - Tom Gannon on Jul 23, 2012, 10:08 PM
- Yes and Yes - Robert Manasherob on Jul 22, 2012, 9:18 PM
- Point taken, Robert.... - Greg Buechler on Jul 22, 2012, 9:35 PM
- That's the Reason - Mark Aldrich on Jul 22, 2012, 10:32 PM
- Silly me! - Aaron Smischney on Jul 22, 2012, 11:33 PM