Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

L7 Development

July 26 2012 at 10:32 AM
Derek Hansen  (Login derekhansenataa)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 92.2.6.78

Response to L7 105mm manufacture

Stephen,

From what I remember the 105mm L7 was developed by RARDE Fort Halsted and was contracted later to Vickers Armstrong for initial production (main production was done by the ROF's), so I'm guessing that there is no direct design legacy connection between the L7 and the 20Pr. designs, and looking at the 20Pr. there is not enough material there to make an L7 from. I'm no gun expert but I do have examples of the ammunition for both in my collection and clearly these are very different weapons.

As Rob has said above the breech ring and mounting is common as is the balance of the completed weapon to allow it to fit Centurion with ease.

So I'm guessing new development.

Cheers,

Derek

This message has been edited by derekhansenataa from IP address 92.2.6.78 on Jul 26, 2012 10:34 AM

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse