Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Trumpeter BIG MRAP kits, good, bad, ugly ?

July 30 2017 at 9:41 PM
Cezar Bartnicki  (Login cezary)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 73.156.208.140

Gentleman.
With some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket, i'm contemplating buying one of the Trumpeter 1/16 scale MRAP kits. There are at least two out there.

Now, i generally stay away from Trumpeter kits, and have my reasons. Just not impressed by the level of details and not happy in the balance of what i get for what i paid.

But, since the MRAP vehicles are modern and getting the right documentation to do them right is rather easy, i'm really thinking about breaking my own rule and getting one.

Now, the real question to those of you who have the kits. How are they ? Good, bad, or just plain ugly ?
Worth the money and trouble ?

Sadly, there is no alternative in this scale. Trumpeter or nothing.

Any opinions will be much appreciated.
Cezar.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. According to one build log that I read, - kylie newton on Jul 30, 2017, 10:10 PM
  3. I saw one built - David Nickels on Jul 31, 2017, 9:27 AM
  5. I would go for it - karl-heinz Pfarr on Aug 1, 2017, 9:58 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse